Delete update from Play Store

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
There is an update for an application that I do not want. I don't want to accidentally update because it'll will create problems if I do. Anyone know how to get rid of the update without installing it? Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy S5 - Verizon Lollipop 5.0

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
The only way (unfortunately) is to shut off Play store auto updates completely. Go into the Play Store > Settings > Auto-Update Apps > Do Not Auto Update Apps

You will then want to go into the Play Store manually and check for updates occasionally.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The only way (unfortunately) is to shut off Play store auto updates completely. Go into the Play Store > Settings > Auto-Update Apps > Do Not Auto Update Apps

You will then want to go into the Play Store manually and check for updates occasionally.

OK, thanks. I was afraid that was my only option.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Instead of doing that, which sounds like you disable ALL auto updates, I suggest you go to your individual app's page and in the top right corner tap "..." and deselect Auto Update. This method will ensure you'll still receive auto updates for your other apps, while ignoring a particular app.

Posted via the Android Central App

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
That used to be an option (I remember seeing it) but I don't think it exists anymore... I've looked in several apps (settings > app manager > app) and there is no overflow/hamburger menu option to "deselect update"

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
That used to be an option (I remember seeing it) but I don't think it exists anymore... I've looked in several apps (settings > app manager > app) and there is no overflow/hamburger menu option to "deselect update"

It's there but it doesn't solve the problem.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Google Play Store version 6.2.14.A-all [0] 2669694

Uncheck, "App updates available", under Notifications

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
It's there but it doesn't solve the problem.

How exactly does it not prevent your app from updating? I've used this method for a handful of apps I did not want auto updating (peel remote, Nova launcher etc) through the Play Store.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Forgot screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-30-23-32-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-30-23-32-22.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 41

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Paul Ryan

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
There is an app called "zipsigner" which may help.
Apps are .apk files which must be signed before they can be installed. I think that the "signing" is part of how they are linked to the play store but a developer must sign their own app while they are testing them before they are submitted to Google. I have seen comments from people who have severed the link to the play store by signing an apk with "zipsigner" and installing it manually.
I have used zipsigner to create files that can be flash in TWRP recovery but have never tried what I am suggesting only relaying what I have read.
If I am wrong someone please correct me.