Is the MM bootscreen supposed to make a sound?

rokemsokem

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Because mine doesn't make a sound when it boots up anymore like it did when I had lollipop. With lolipop, the phone made a sound while it was showing the Samsung logo. Now it doesn't. Is there a setting I'm missing some place? Or is there no sound now?

I don't really care if it does or doesn't. I'd just like to know. I'm not rooted or anything. But the bootloader is factory unlocked. Thanks.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine is the same way. I never really gave it much thought. Maybe it's the Canadian firmware? Can anyone else chime in from the US or across the pond?

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Mine doesn't make a sound either, hooray, on Verizon
Hated the start up sound, first phone I have ever had that I couldn't turn that sound off

Posted via the Android Central App

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
How has your W8 doing since the update anyhow? Mine has been good. No problems so far.

Mine has been fantastic. Great battery life (I uninstalled Facebook and use Metal instead) too. I don't use it a lot on the weekend so it's in standby most of the time, and DOZE just kicks drain to the curb. This is what I ended up with on Sunday night...

Screenshot_2016-06-12-16-39-58.jpg

rokemsokem

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Mm. Not bad. Good. I just charged mine so I'll post a screen shot once it dies off. So far I've been content with the update. I was thinking about installing that Good Lock apk but I don't know if it's more hassle than what it's worth or not. I don't really mind TouchWiz.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't find Good Lock in any of the stores (Google or Galaxy). I sideloaded it from APKMirror and it made my phone "broken". I could swipe down from the notification bar, but that's it. No icons on my screen. No lock screen. Power button didn't work to shut it off. I pulled the battery and started in safe mode, exact same thing. I thought "damn - recovery and FDR". Then after what seemed like an eternity, it rebooted itself and I was back to normal. It had uninstalled Good Lock completely. I love Marshmallow. Won't be putting that back on.

TitoRoE

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't find Good Lock in any of the stores (Google or Galaxy). I sideloaded it from APKMirror and it made my phone "broken". I could swipe down from the notification bar, but that's it. No icons on my screen. No lock screen. Power button didn't work to shut it off. I pulled the battery and started in safe mode, exact same thing. I thought "damn - recovery and FDR". Then after what seemed like an eternity, it rebooted itself and I was back to normal. It had uninstalled Good Lock completely. I love Marshmallow. Won't be putting that back on.

If you had Fingerprint unlock active...Good Lock will not work with S5...I had to use Pin to get it to work. You could use any other lock feature but not Fingerprint...

OP: No Boot Sound on Verizon here...and I like it that way...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch