Guess I'm going to leave AT&T if we don't get 6.0 by the end of the month.

hanamizi168

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Now we get the pattern. The international version s6 got 5.1.1 in later Jule? Att s6 got 5.1.1 late September and we got it two months later. So I guess once international s6 got 6.0, we will get it in 5 months.

DroidFromVA

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I found this article that says that samsung is making some changes for the TouchWiz interface and slims it down. As for the update reaching our active, not sure how long it will take after AT&T do their testing.

It usually takes anywhere from 3-6 months for AT&T to do their thing after Samsung makes the model-specific update ROM available to AT&T for further customization and testing. The S6 Active should be getting 6.0 in April.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any information on the update? All the articles that I have read do not reference the active version of the s6 galaxy.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Android N will be announced at the upcoming Google I/O event.

Just let that soak in for a minute. M has yet to hit the S6 and S6 edge...and the S6 Active is somewhere after that.

As an S6 active owner, its safe to say that we'll never see N on our device.

DroidFromVA

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Android N will be announced at the upcoming Google I/O event.

Just let that soak in for a minute. M has yet to hit the S6 and S6 edge...and the S6 Active is somewhere after that.

As an S6 active owner, its safe to say that we'll never see N on our device.

M is rolling out to the S6 and S6 Edge and it will hit the Active in a few weeks. N will also come to the Active as the phone isn't even a year old, so it has at least 2-3 more versions of Android - not including the various N.n updates - left before it's done.

bobmurray1212

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
S7 comes out end of Feb. 3 or 4 more days. 6.0 hasn't even hit S6 in US yet. Active users will be 6-8 weeks after that

Posted via the Android Central App

Ryche

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
This is pretty much standard with any development patch release. It will fix some things, but create new issues in the process.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Will we get marshmallow before the S7 Active comes out?

Posted via my S6 Active with Samsung Pay!

Kind of curious if there will even be a S7A now that the standard S7 is IP68? I am an ATT customer, but if there is an S7A, it needs to be on all carriers to get attention/updates.