Anybody holding out on purchasing the GS6?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if there are any hold-outs? I'm one, first I want to see the gold in person to judge whether or not I like it, second it'd be nice to get a phone with the kinks worked out, and last I'm curious on the release of the G4. I think the G4 will be too big but while waiting to see if the gold is desirable or not I'll check out he G4 too.

Anybody else waiting?

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I am, I never buy a phone as soon as it is released. I like to see how users feel about the phone first, basically let them be the test dummies. There's usually always an OTA update that will remedy initial issues with the phones so IMO it's always good to wait! Oh yeah, and I of course like to wait until they drop the price around $50 :cool:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm not going to wait until the S7 or Note 5, but I bought my factory S2 after the S3 was out in May 2012, at a ridiculously good price (140), albeit with a cheap 24 month sim deal.
I bought my sealed Note 3 from Amazon via eBay in December 2013 at £450 from £600+.

I will see how Lolliflop fares on my Note 3.

In many ways I prefer the idea of the S6 form, but in a month or two may I not be able to ignore the price drop of the Note 4.

Last edited:

swingarm

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I am mainly due to the unknown of battery life so I'm going to at least wait until the Verizon people(of which I am one) get their phone. I would also like to see and hold one first but the BestBuy/Verizon stores here don't have any on display yet. I was also going to go for the Gold version but that's a little bit outside my taste and I can't wait that long.

Update: Well it turns out BestBuy had display units all along, it was over in the Samsung "mini-store" I tried to get an idea of battery life while there and the regular S6 I looked at appeared to have about 10 hours SoT, the only setting I looked at was the screen brightness which was at 100% and Auto was unchecked. They also had 2 Edges there but they appeared to be getting external power. The Edges were very nice and not at all a problem for me to hold. No gold versions however.

Last edited:

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
yep still waiting. coming from an iphone user, i'm not fully convinced the s6 is enough for me to jump over just yet.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I might bite on an S6 64GB. Want to wait to see real world reviews. Word be upgrading on ATT. 299 or so for 2 year deal.

Posted via Nexus 6!

Smply_Rckless

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm gonna wait for daily user reviews to see how the device functions. I'm looking to replace my Note 4.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

neeco51

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I had the S6 Edge on pre-order and canceled it after I read some of the reviews on the display and how it is hard to hold and would easily crack if it is dropped. I was going to order the S6 but I just read that the S6 Active will be coming out sooner than previously anounced. I'll wait to order the Active which will be water resistant, have an SD card, and a bigger battery.

flippedout

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting to see how the G4 shakes out and maybe the Z4. I just wish Moto would announce in the Spring as well. This way I could objectively look at each of the devices and then pick from there. On the plus side my N5 is still going strong so I really don't have a need to upgrade...though the desire is strong!

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm sticking with my S5. The S6 looks like a great device, but I eat through battery life too quickly for a non removable battery. The plastic never bothered me, got used to the water resistance, and my phone does everything pretty well. Congrats to everyone who got their new S6, that screen looks amazing.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The GS5 is the only smartphone that I passed on and didn't preorder or get on release day. Based upon my research, printed and video reviews, and comments from fellow users, I decided it was worth the risk. Samsung addressed so many hardware and software issues and added or improved features and,performance were going to make this one of the best devices of 2015.

seaham358

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Have an S4 and have been waiting for the S6. But now with news of an S6 Active I will be waiting a little longer. I need a bigger battery....

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Have an S4 and have been waiting for the S6. But now with news of an S6 Active I will be waiting a little longer. I need a bigger battery....

I can appreciate your pov. We're starting to get retail unit feedback on battery life that appears quite promising at least for AT&T users. Battery life is important. Specs are rumored to be comparable but the premium look and feel is so premium. Who knows if the larger rumored battery will perform assuming that the card slot also makes it back. Whatever you decide on, you're getting a great device.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the S6 Edge on pre-order and canceled it after I read some of the reviews on the display and how it is hard to hold and would easily crack if it is dropped.
I know they're not exactly science, but every drop test I've seen specifically with the S6 edge has shown it to be quite hardy (and I'm not even talking about the woman slamming the edge into the floor). There was a plain S6 drop test that showed it to be especially fragile, but then again, that drop test was sponsored by a case and accessory maker.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Waiting for official prices in my country, I hope they will follow the 700$ for 32gb price tag and not more or I will have to wait

seaham358

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Went to best buy and they had the S6 and Edge on display, what a great phone these are. I can't wait to get one, if the active does not come out soon. Very smooth, super fast internet fast everything .. And they just look great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87