Disable "Today's Forecast" Notification

BAreEhD

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Does everyone get this Accuweather notification every morning? How do I turn it off? I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Thanks.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Go into the AccuWeather app and turn off notifications in the settings, or go into the S6 main settings, and under "application manager" find AccuWeather in the list and deactivate notifications.

barberrider1

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Cohoman and Jaycemiskel, can you guys please post a screen shot of where you are able to turn off notifications?

Because on my S6 there is definitely no option to turn them off. Neither settings in the app nor settings through application manager.

The only place it mentions notifications is in the following location:

Settings > applications > application manager > all > weather

Unfortunately, the check box for "show notifications" is translucent and there is no way to un-check it.

Looks like I will be deleting/disabling this if there's no way to turn off the spam.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here on Verizon S6, no place to turn off notifications. I may just replace this with the Beautiful Widgets version.

BAreEhD

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
No option for me to disable notifications as far as I can tell:

Attachments

• 1428856349381.jpg
    1428856349381.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 1428856366255.jpg
    1428856366255.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 172

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Cohoman and Jaycemiskel, can you guys please post a screen shot of where you are able to turn off notifications?

Because on my S6 there is definitely no option to turn them off. Neither settings in the app nor settings through application manager.

The only place it mentions notifications is in the following location:

Settings > applications > application manager > all > weather

Unfortunately, the check box for "show notifications" is translucent and there is no way to un-check it.

Looks like I will be deleting/disabling this if there's no way to turn off the spam.
When looking at it further I see that mine is also translucent. I have a theme on so I thought it was just darker, when I try to click on it though it won't let me. It also won't let me disable it. That sucks. Wish I could have been more help.

215alive

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I feel you! I tried and tried to turn them off! I just did this about an hour ago so I'll have to wait till tomorrow to see if it works...try this: go into your app manager and find "all" apps> scroll down to "weather daemon" (I googled it and it's the "notification" part of the app)> UNCHECK show notifications...I hope it works. *fingers crossed*

215alive

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
feel you! I tried and tried to turn them off! I just did this about an hour ago so I'll have to wait till tomorrow to see if it works...try this: go into your app manager and find "all" apps> scroll down to "weather daemon" (I googled it and it's the "notification" part of the app)> UNCHECK show notifications...I hope it works. *fingers crossed*

bmstew

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that telling Weather Daemon to not show notifications does NOT work. I unchecked it yesterday, and still got the notification this morning. Maybe completely disabling Weather Daemon would do the trick?

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
When I go into the app and go to More--> Settings I can turn off weather information overall on the lock screen, will see if that works. If it does, I can go without the temperature on the lock screen, but it will be the second annoyance with the accuweather pre-install. The first being that the clock/temp widget needs to be on the home screen to display on the edge screen.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Is it a Samsung thing or does every Android phone use Accuweather for the built in weather app? This will be my first Samsung and both my prior HTC's used Accuweather and I couldn't stand it because it was always an hour behind the most currently available data. I switched over to using NOAA weather free and although not as appealing to the eye, it at least had the most current temperature data.

Bad Liar

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Is it a Samsung thing or does every Android phone use Accuweather for the built in weather app? This will be my first Samsung and both my prior HTC's used Accuweather and I couldn't stand it because it was always an hour behind the most currently available data. I switched over to using NOAA weather free and although not as appealing to the eye, it at least had the most current temperature data.
I don't even have AccuWeather installed on mine and it does it. I had an S4 and never had the problem. Got the S6 and every morning, I get the weather notification that I don't care about.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Try to uninstall the stock weather widget

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Does everyone get this Accuweather notification every morning? How do I turn it off? I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Thanks.

Weird, I think ever since I removed it from the lockscreen I haven't gotten an alert in the morning. Try that.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty