Verizon S6 Update this morning...No, it's not 5.1.1

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Woke up this morning to an update on my Verizon S6 Edge...let it do its thing, but it wasn't 5.1.1, so don't get your hopes up.

According to the link in the update, it only included two things...an update to the Samsung Reactivation Lock, and an an addition of support for "roaming to wireless service in Puerto Rico".

Apologies if already posted elsewhere!

shuddle13

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
It fixes a glitch with the software causing an error message to come up from the security.agent.login stating 'Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restart your phone to undo any unauthorized changes.' I had to replace my S6 Edge because of a screen malfunction and my replacement (surprisingly a new phone) gave me that error message every 5 minutes. Updating the software today got rid of it thankfully. There were a handful of people that were suffering from it, it was a bad batch of new phones that got sent out that were produced in June. Not useless for those that were suffering from it as it was really annoying. Happy to see they fixed it so quickly I only had to deal with it for a few days; I know some people had to deal with it for a few weeks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Not that I'm in a giant hurry, but I wonder if this means the 5.1.1 update from Verizon is going to take awhile? If the 5.1.1 update was even remotely close to being released, why do this small update separately?

luiso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Bravo!!! ...too late. I was in PR for 2 weeks with my brand-new global service S6 Edge and couldn't use it. After 4 calls or more than 5 hours talking to service support, I finally gave up.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping it was the update I wanted, I was so disappointed when I saw it was still 5.0.2 lol... My girlfriends 2014 moto x Verizon got 5.1 last night and I was thinking wow same night for me too and than... 👎

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty