After update, wireless charging not working. Is there a fix?

jaypea500

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
after update, wireless charging not working

hello brain trust:

samsung G6S on verizon, using verizon wireless charger. for months, all was well until updating the phone a few days ago (to G920VVRU3BOG5). now the phone will no longer charge wirelessly. anyone else experiencing this? anyone know a fix?

...joe

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: after update, wireless charging not working

It could be the wireless charger is bad, did you try other wireless chargers either at the verizon store or say a Best Buy. Before you say the phone is the issue, try other chargers first. If it is the device get ahold of Verizon support since it was working before the update and not after it. Then again this is what you get with Verizon mucking up your OS updates there "could" be an issue with the update itself.

Stelzig

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Same issue with my S6 on ATT. Few weeks back I got an update and wireless charging stopped working. Also noticed that NFC no longer works when I tried to pay with google wallet and also transferring a photo. I have factory reset my device and issue continues.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Having had only the stagefright update, no issues with wireless charging. I am using the OEM round charging pad.

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: after update, wireless charging not working

Sorry ... I also have the Verizon wireless charger, but I have had no problems since the update.