App optimisation after updating

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
well your post does not really explain how it works
anyway that's how I see it work for me
until we can find an official explanation from samsung we can only guess

Well it actually does explain it. It is a power saving mode for each individual app. How each app is affected can be different.

If I optimize SwiftKey, my phone doesn't hold SwiftKey as the default keyboard. You have to just play with each app and see how it affects it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if this app optimisation is what is preventing Google Keep from synchronising?
If I fiddle about with the members in my Keep (S4, Galaxy Tab S2, Windows PC) then they suddenly catch up, which might be one or other of the Android apps springing back to life.

It is possible. Turn off optimization for that app and see. I don't optimize ColorNote or any app that has to be immediately and always on.

AngelAuthor

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Who exactly made this app? is it Google or Samsung? I'd like to call or write to them and give them a piece of my mind over these notifications. That's the only way anything is going to change.

I've gone in and actually DISABLED this app - my battery life was fine before it came out. You can imagine my irritation when I woke up this morning and received a notification from this freaking app AGAIN. This crap is spam. Who the heck does this developer think they are, programming their app to bug the hell out of users this way? It's totally unnecessary.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
The pop ups happen when an app goes into power saving mode. For example if you set the Android Central App to go to power saving mode after 3 days of inactivity, and then 3 days later the app goes PSM then it will give you a notification. If you don't want the notification then enter disable PSM for all your apps or enable the always PSM option

Posted via the Android Central App

SmartGuyUK

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Hillel. That provides a little more insight into the culprit. When I do the long press, I see it is "Smart Manager Provider" with a little i (for information) button. When I press that it, I get the App info. Sadly the show notifications check box is ticked and greyed out, so I can't change it, as is the Disable button :-(

samymarboy

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
facebook & Insta apps comes with your firmware, that is why they are not in the list of optimized.
I have BTU based firmware and had downloaded both the apps from GP so, they both appeared there in the list.

Clohde

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
So I got an update on my international version S6 gold platinum. It was about 70mb in size. After updating I didn't really notice anything different until when my phone gave me a notification or a reminder to optimise the apps I'm not using.

It took me to

Smart manager > battery > optimisation

And there it was, a "Doze" like feature which puts apps to sleep if you want them to. After a certain period of time if left unused.

Here's a screenshot.

I've noticed an improvement in battery life ever since. I put all the apps on optimisation which I don't use much often.

Posted via the Android Central App

How in the blue hell are you able to obtain those hour count ???? Even after I've optimized all apps, I can't get more than 9h with a full charge on a GS6 128gb. If I talk like 30 minutes in a day, it drops to around 6 to 7.5h of battery life... Does your phone has the same horrible battery than the regular GS6 ??

spark001uk

May 1, 2011
Visit site
One big issue this new optimiser has is that it kills android wear, which is a major problem for the average person who may not necessarily know about the optimiser, and then wonders why their notifications stop getting to the watch after a while. I've disabled it now so it doesn't kill it. Not good though is it.

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
most likely there are different versions. this is how my more menu looks like.
Screenshot_2016-01-06-19-47-54.png

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't get notifications but the only options I use are "always optimizing" and "turned off". I do not use the auto optimizing option.

spark001uk

May 1, 2011
Visit site
With android wear being optimised, I lose notifications after a few days. I've disabled it for a week now and I'm still getting notifications to the watch. Job done.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty