I've about had it with this damn wireless charger

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand this thing at all. I use it at work now because as a night time charger it was really annoying waking up to a phone that was only at high 80% - low 90% in charge.

Now i'm just having really weird issues. The phone stops charging around 92 - 93%. This is almost every time i use the charger. The light on the pad is blinking blue I pick it up and put it back down and it continues to charge. All for another 1 or 2 % then stops again. rinse and repeat.

Sometimes when it stops before 100% the charger gets "stuck" and continues to blink blue and will not charge until i unplug the pad and plug it back in.

I just now had the pad showing green indicating it was at 100% when my phone was at 94%.

Is there any chance taking this thing to a Samsung experience store in a Best Buy will get me a replacement?

EDIT: No luck talking directly with Samsung, they just said "go to best buy"

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I've read threads about the samsung wireless chargers not working correctly. I'd take it to best buy and see what they can do for you. If nothing, then get yourself a choe charger on amazon. Been using the same one for a year now without any problems.

Posted via the Android Central App

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine used to stop at about 98% but ever since the 5.1.1 update, it goes to 100. Update seemed to correct the issue. Have you received the update yet?

dwatcool

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I will admit I have the same charger, Same issue. However I have found that there is a "sweet spot" on the samsung charger plate. Here's what I do. Place phone on center of plate then slide phone up about 1/4 inch. So the top of the phone hangs over more on the top of the plate.

I am too looking for a replacement charge plate other than samsung. Any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Have had S6 since April. Wireless charger worked fine. Then all of a sudden I need to keep readjusting to find the sweet spot. Now, I put my S6 on the charger and... Nothing. Doesn't even register that they are touching. Thought it was the charger but I just got a Moto 360 and as soon as I put it on the Samsung charger, it started charging in 2 seconds.

Is my phone defective?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38