Undecided about S7 edge because of size? Hope this helps.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Illusion.

Both 1920x1080 and 2560x1440 creates a 16:9 aspect ratio when viewed in landscape orientation.

Not exactly an illusion. The 'trick' here is that Samsung's screen wraps around the sides so it's a way more efficient use of space. The iPhone screen (on the flat part) is considerably wider than the S7 edge because a portion of the edge's screen sits on either side of the device and the iPhone then has a bezel around the screen (which the edge does not on either side).

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I almost prefer the girth of the iPhone and phones alike. Im a big guy. I received my cases today for the S7 edge and it feels like it's a toy compared to my past phones. I will have to get used to the smaller size because im trying to break away from apple. When I went to Best Buy to review the phone I had a pit in my stomach because I think i'll be let down by the size of the phone. But we'll see. One more week to go for us Verizon users.

I can see where you are coming from. I had the Note 2, 3, & 4, then went to the Nexus 6, and currently have the V10.

The V10 has a 5.7 inch screen, but the phone is physically way smaller than the Nexus 6, so at times i feel like I have a small phone, and i have to remind myself it still has a large screen

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Even though S7 edge is smaller than 6s plus I'm actually finding it hard to grip the S7 edge than my 6s plus because of the edges in S7. May be putting a case will make it better but currently it's not that comfortable holding for longer durations.

A case would certainly help with grip and comfort,depending on what you choose. I bought the speck candyshell grip case and it grips really well and is fairly comfortable to hold. Case only of course, I don't have the phone yet.

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a 6 plus and it was always too cumbersome for one handed use.
The Note 5 width is excellent allowing me to use it one handed often,

The S7 edge with 5.5 is nearly identical in size to the nexus 5X. Kinda crazy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo