anyone using Scout GPS?

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
When I use Scout, I have to go into the application manager to force stop Scout when I'm done. Otherwise, it continues to keep GPS active and kills my battery. The location icon in the taskbar stays on and the only way to get it to stop is forcing the app to stop.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm on Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
GPS uses so little data that you can run it until the battery dies and you probably won't notice the difference. It only starts drawing current when an app asks it for the location. (If Scout is doing that continuously after you end it normally, 1) it's a poorly written app and 2) you should be able to long-press the Home button, then wipe it off.)

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's calling on location, but I know Scout is the only GPS app that my location icon stays on so it's not worth the risk to me. It seems to be an issue with the app not closing properly on the S7.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I have used it on this phone (Sprint version) and had no problems with the GPS staying on after closing it. (I normally just use the GPS built into my car, so don't use Scout often.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11