Galaxy S7 audio cuts out, how can I stop this?

Awallet

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Yes

Install the app "soundabout". Set media to speaker. It fixed the problem.

Call me dumb but how can I set media to speaker?

anon(10165144)

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
I think I might've fixed the problem.

Turn off Easy Mute in the Advanced Features page in Settings.

I turned it off and I haven't had any problems. I can't believe it was an easy fix. I've been dealing with this problem for 2 months...

Just tried this and it didn't work. :/

Androidgirljl

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I think I might've fixed the problem.

Turn off Easy Mute in the Advanced Features page in Settings.

I turned it off and I haven't had any problems. I can't believe it was an easy fix. I've been dealing with this problem for 2 months...

Thank you!!! Worked for me! I was losing my mind! Unable to use YouTube! Thank you for sharing this fix! :)

jimmers627

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I followed someone's suggestion to unpair all bluetooth devices, this worked for me. I think the receiving device was trying to connect and overiding the headphones/ phone speaker.

Lester4

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. It also seems to happen if I go to turn the volume down when I'm watching something. I went to the store where I bought the phone and they ran a diagnostic test on it. Nothing really came up. And, of course when I tried to show him the video I was watching on Facebook one of the times it happened it didn't do it. I didn't spend $700 on a phone for this to happen.

Steve Beach

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
Same problem here, tried all the software fixes I could find on discussion boards. Then I saw the recommendations to push the screen or remove the case. I have a case that requires extra force to push the volume and power buttons. Realizing sound often cut out after changing the volume (although not always the cause) I squeezed my phone from the sides near the buttons and the sound came back. I was able to recreate this "fix" when the sound cut out again, so far it has stayed on after squeezing the phone's sides and slightly twisting. Not sure if there's a loose connection or what.

Jgfisher33

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Just got off the phone with AT&T, fixed my s7 active. Settings, storage, internal data, cached storage, delete. Seriously fixed my phone. Hope it works for you all.
PS, after deleting it takes a little while for the phone to calculate again, once it's done calculating restart device.

Chris Grove1

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Sup dudes,

All of the steps above didn't work for me and I was on the verge of trading my Galaxy S7 in when I tried one more thing. You'll all won't believe it, but I blew so damn hard into my speaker that it gave me a headache. Guess what, it actually worked for me. The issue might be that your speaker has some debris, dust or whatsoever. Tell me if it worked for you guys, I can finally enjoy my speakers again.

Love, Salim

Wow that worked for me. Blew in the speakers and it fixed my problem too

Ultipoop

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
After spending a few days dealing with this problem, I have a pretty solid theory, as well as a solution.

My theory is that everyone has this problem has a nice, tight case, like an otterbox. This is causing SOMETHING that is creating this problem. My guess is either that dirt is getting stuck in the headphones jack or speaker or volume button area or something that is causing this. Or perhaps the case is getting mis-aligned and pushing on a button or something.

I believe this to be true for a few reasons. One, this would explain why factory resets do not fix the problem. Two, the fact that people who do things like "bend" their phones, blow into the speakers, etc, just proves that it's hardware related. Of course that doesn't explain why restarting it usually helps for a while, so who knows.

My successful solution was to take off my case, clean it up, blow into the "holes", and carefully put it back together. It's been a couple days now and I think it worked!

meonthenet

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
I've done a lot of research on this issue. Although it's not yet wide spread public knowledge, I believe most of the Galaxy sound issues is a bad speaker. You can find videos on youtube showing how to change the speaker. Little skill and a speaker kit from ebay (around $5.) Please change, or have your speaker changed, and report your results.

jacob longwein

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
SoundAbout did not cure the issue on my S7 Edge. It worked for a while, just as a restart did, but I'm back with the same problem.

Frigging irritating to no end.

I tried everything, Its starting to really stress me out. When it comes time to buy a new phone I might end up going to Apple, it's happened to me on all android phones. I love android but this is making me pissed, I payed 800 cash for this phone. And all I want is to play music with out having to use a Bluetooth speaker or headphones.

mlhifi

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S7 audio cuts out

As soon as I disabled Bluetooth, then the audio was rock stable!
A pain though cos the bluetooth is ON to auto-connect to my car!
I'm sure I can live with that though.

That said, I've had Bluetooth enabled permanently since I got the phone 5 weeks ago but the audio problem is only a few days old... so what's the underlying problem here? It's not the Bluetooth obviously; we are just papering over the crack's on this one!

Last edited:

Eric Andersen2

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
I have finally found what is causing my Galaxy S7 active to randomly mute my audio.(Only happens when using speaker)
If there are any active notifications at the top left corner my speaker will work for a second then mute. When I dismiss the notifications the speaker no longer mutes.

Basuljak

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I tried everything, Its starting to really stress me out. When it comes time to buy a new phone I might end up going to Apple, it's happened to me on all android phones. I love android but this is making me pissed, I payed 800 cash for this phone. And all I want is to play music with out having to use a Bluetooth speaker or headphones.

I was have the same problem and found it. You have to deinstall "not original" apps from your phone, because some of the app make conflict and couse problem with audio. Start with first app you think that can couse this issue(last one installed before issue started)....continue 'till problem is solved.

Pandora1961

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Disable your Google play music app, I tried everything that was said on here; none worked. But if you disable that app it will stop turning off your audio through other player apps.

Qasim Hussain2

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Well, I've got one more to try: in the soundabout app, go to the aux digital and the wired headset and turn off the settings that allow music to pause when headphones are plugged in/unplugged - seems to be working for me so far
Duude nothing, literally nothing was working for me. But this made the sound go back to normal. For now it ia working thanks m8

Harley_fritz

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Is hardware issue...i have same problem.. But I twist my phone pushing up by the speaker and then it works flawlessly....worked 4 me

Something is loose I think ..head phones and blue tooth work ..is just the speaker...

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephen Gibbons

May 19, 2017
Visit site
I had this problem too after reading the posts on here one post stuck about deleting apps so I was going through my phone to remember when this all started and it was one app alone kick flick from Google play I uninstalled it and the sound has stopped cutting out on you tube videos games and music without headphones in for last couple of days

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo