Android or Samsung Pay?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Whats so nice..you dont have to ask if they take it. If you see a reader where you would slide a card (or insert a chip card) 99% chance it'll work. Its even worked at a self car wash for me, and at an OLD keyboard register at a mall store

Yep. It's worked for me every time. Sometimes the person behind the register gets surprised cause they never seen anyone pay with their phone before or they didn't think it would work.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Yep. It's worked for me every time. Sometimes the person behind the register gets surprised cause they never seen anyone pay with their phone before or they didn't think it would work.
Wait till you pay with your watch Samsung Gear S3

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Only issue with Samsung pay is on the banks end. Huntington is dragging their feet on it and they've had Apple pay for over a year.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
So do most of you add your actual bank card to the SP? Or just credit cards?

I have Rabobank but swore to never use them for security reasons.

I only use credit cards for Apple Pay right now. I plan on only using credit cards. Makes me feel better lol.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
So do most of you add your actual bank card to the SP? Or just credit cards?

I have Rabobank but swore to never use them for security reasons.

I only use credit cards for Apple Pay right now. I plan on only using credit cards. Makes me feel better lol.

I have my debit cars on it too and I was apprehensive at first, but it works great.

I swear by Samsung Pay, but I do keep Android Pay around for things that use it online or in apps - such as Uber and Lyft. I wish Samsung Pay would also be an option.

That being said - for the very first time I tried using it at DSW the other day and for some reason, the POS machine at the cashier requested the 3 digit CVC number. I thought at first she meant the last 4 digits as printed on Samsung Pay, but nope - for some reason the machine asked the cashier to input the 3 digit CVC (would not accept a 4 digit number) and I had none since they don't exist with Samsung Pay. The real CVC I had did not work with the spoofed number Samsung Pay was using. I had to dig out my credit card. It is the only time this has ever happened to me.

Otherwise, I still trust Samsung Pay all the way!

jhousden9

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
As a UK citizen, I don't believe I have access to Samsung Pay. Chip & Pin is used in 99.9% of places in the UK and Contactless Payments up to £30 is widely used as well. We haven't used swipe and sign on purchases for as long as I can remember (probably 15-20 years) so I'm not sure if Samsung Pay would really benefit anyone here in the UK and would potentially be more awkward to use. I guess that's one benefit of Android Pay over the Samsung alternative.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jannel91