One dislike I have with the S8

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
That is my only complaint as well, same with the note 7. The amount of stress caused by this takes away from the joy of the amazing phone. If I wasn't a mechanic in an area with a lot of dirt roads and didn't spend a lot of time working in the yard I would go without a screen protector. When they recalled the note 7 I tore my screen cover off and it was amazing how nice the screen was without a piece of plastic over it.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I agree this is the biggest problem I'm feeling right now to. I'm seriously considering tearing it off, but going without some protection will drive me crazy.

Couple issues with this Zagg glass:

Decreased touch sensitivity so I have to push harder. Also I hear a tapping when I push on it.

Increased glare.

UGLY

Smudges, fingerprint magnet.

Last edited:

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
How about an edge to edge film screen protector instead of glass? Put one on mine and can't even tell it's on there. Got a Skinomi two pack on Amazon and it is great.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Part of the problem imo, is that these manufacturers keep trying to make protectors that wrap around the entire display. It just isn't necessary with a curve this slight and cases that cover the rest. They'd be better off making them cover the sides up to where it begins to curve. Cases will take care of the rest.

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I had the "iluvvit" glass protector on my s8+ since I got it last week. It is a pretty case friendly protector and fit really good all except for one stupid corner that wouldn't stay tight. I dealt with it but dirt and dust started getting underneath it and I finally took it off today....i wanted the extra protection but damn it feels good to let this screen loose! I'm not sure if I'm going to put another one on and I'm switching to squaretrade insurance so $100 deductible isn't as scary as the $200 deductible I had with ascurion.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My supershieldz covered the whole screen and wasn't case friendly at all. The zagg doesn't quite go all the way to the edge, so hopefully it will be more case friendly. I'll see tomorrow once I put my case back on.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
My supershieldz covered the whole screen and wasn't case friendly at all. The zagg doesn't quite go all the way to the edge, so hopefully it will be more case friendly. I'll see tomorrow once I put my case back on.

Don't. This was the one I had. Its NOT friendly.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Yeas, the zagg.
Well, that's disappointing. I was desperate and that's all Best buy had. I hope the iBlaison armor box plays nice. I can't go without a screen protector at work. What case do you have? Please don't tell me the iBlaison armor box.