1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default longer charging cord....?..

I am looking to buy a longer charging cord....at least 6ft....anyone know where i can find one...for my home.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Verizon sells one, but its about 30 bucks. Check on some of the wholesale sites like newegg, meritline, or eve wireless ground.

The 6 ft cables are out there, just gotta hunt for a cheap price.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

Get a decent quality USB extension cable. I have one and it works great. It extends the length of your existing charging cable. I think I spent $6. Amazon.

...Sent from my Tab

Default Re: longer charging cord....?..

Quote Originally Posted by PaulQ View Post
    Get a decent quality USB extension cable. I have one and it works great. It extends the length of your existing charging cable. I think I spent $6. Amazon.

...Sent from my Tab
    +1

Amazon.com: Extra Long Black Galaxy Tablet USB Charge & Sync Cable, Double the Length of Standard Cord - 2m (6.5ft) Long. Galaxy Tablet 7.0/8.9/10.1 Compatible ***Updated Product*** New Version 2.0 Charges up to 35% Faster: Electronics

Some reviews say it won't charge the 10.1 as fast as the oem cable, but if you read through some of them... People came back and updated their review stating that the new version does indeed charge just as quickly as it should, and they are now satisfied.

Buy it on Monoprice.com. I bought (making the overall cable roughly 6 feet) for $0.99, and it works great. When I plug the G10 cable into the female port of the extension cable, it is a little loose, but not terribly (it won't just fall out).

Some other options from Monoprice include:
    (should net you about 9 feet) for $1.30
    for $3.42

I can't guarantee that these other two options will work. I can only speak to the one I purchased.

I got one from monoprice too. Its great

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by ogdlow View Post
    I am looking to buy a longer charging cord....at least 6ft....anyone know where i can find one...for my home.
    i agree with other users in just getting an extension cable...it's what i did and works great

still very stupid that OEM's have 3 foot cords...i think its a common trend nowadays..how much money can it possibly save them?

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I got mine on Amazon also...works great.

Got one from Deal Extreme that has a switch for charging from any USB outlet so I can just plug it into a laptop or a portable battery. Love it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2