Why does a Netflix software update keep popping up on my Tab?

TomNW

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
A netflix software update keeps popping up on my Tab. Netflix is not installed.

This update warns that it will change many things on the unit. How do I get rid of it?
TomNW

Thanks for the reply B.Diddy,
I'll work on getting a screen shot of the notice when it next appears on my Tab3, then ,hopefully, learn how to post it!
TomNW

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: A netflix software update keeps popping up on my Tab. Netflix is not installed.

Welcome to Android Central! Where are you seeing this update notification? Is it a typical app update notification in the notification bar, or is it an actual pop-up? If the latter, I'd be very suspicious, because apps shouldn't tell you those kinds of things. Can you show us a screenshot of that message? http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

TomNW

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: A netflix software update keeps popping up on my Tab. Netflix is not installed.

Thanks for the quick answer B. I'll work on capturing a picture next time the notice appears on my Tab3. Then, hopefully, I'll post it!

TomNW

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

Screenshot_2014-11-23-12-16-06.png
B. Diddy,
I hope this is an actual image and not just what I'm seeing right now, which is "[attch=config]150141[/attach]".
TomNW

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That looks like a legitimate update from Samsung. It looks like it's meant to address that issue just in case you have Netflix installed. It might also contain other minor fixes--it's hard to believe that a 100 MB update would only be for Netflix.

I would just accept the update.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

TomNW

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

OK B, I'll go ahead and install it. I'm curious though about how if I wanted to I could access these types of files and delete them.
Thanks for your assistance.
TomNW

DanPackMan

May 4, 2014
Visit site

These are essentially required Android updates, if you want to continue getting future updates you generally need to install each one. I suppose you could root and stop the updates, but its not clear why you wouldn't want them.