When using facebook messenger the camera within the app freezes everything up, why is it doing this?

rockstarlife

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
when using facebook messenger the camera within the app freezes everything up

when I open and use messenger it works fine until I try to use the camera part of messenger then it freezes up and nothing works.Tried uninstalling and reinstalling same thing happens...anyone else have this problem?so you press the little camera icon,either the whole app freezes or the screen rotates all by itself back and forth and nothing you never see the actual camera show up on the bottom.I have other galaxys a note 8 and a smartphone and they have always worked fine with messenger this is everytime the camera has never opened on messenger this is a new tablet:'(

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: when using facebook messenger the camera within the app freezes everything up

That's an issue with the app. It's happened to me before. Still hasn't been fixed and it's not only for the Tab S.

Doug Ufford

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Facebook Messenger and Samsung Tab S - Camera and audio message not working

Facebook messenger audio and camera function work well with my Samsung S5 phone, however the Tab S it does not work at all. You press record and the page flips sideways and nothing happens. Press the camera and it just freezes up and then goes back like nothing was pushed. Is there some kind of special set up required?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Facebook Messenger and Samsung Tab S - Camera and audio message not working

Nope, just a buggy update from Facebook. I'd report the bug and hope they fix it. They can't fix what they don't know about, right?

Same thing happens on my Tab S.

Raymond Rose

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
as of 17 jan 2015 still not working on samsung galaxy note pro... come on Facebook!

fourtunatly cam photo to messenger works in browswer... so just the app that's crap

Last edited by a moderator:

Arlington Sta Ana

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: when using facebook messenger the camera within the app freezes everything up

when I open and use messenger it works fine until I try to use the camera part of messenger then it freezes up and nothing works.Tried uninstalling and reinstalling same thing happens...anyone else have this problem?so you press the little camera icon,either the whole app freezes or the screen rotates all by itself back and forth and nothing you never see the actual camera show up on the bottom.I have other galaxys a note 8 and a smartphone and they have always worked fine with messenger this is everytime the camera has never opened on messenger this is a new tablet:'(

I just purchase my Tab S 2 days ago and have the same problem, did you solved the problem now?

riminipietro

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have just bought a Lenovo Yoga tablet, and have same issue.... Camera and Mic not working inside the Facebook Messenger, it will just freeze the app ... have you found a solution now or is it just Facebook who cant figure it out?

viitmen

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
i have similar problem, if i record video with facebook messenger and stop recording, i see only black screen on phone instead of my video what i recorded, and if i cancel sending it , my camera shut down and a messenger writes me " the camera isn't working, cancel other camera applications which are running " than i always must restart my phone. - phone samsung s4 mini GT-I9195
(sorry for my english)
Thank you for any answers.

Last edited:

Kalinixenko

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site

Well, I have just bought a Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 in December 2016 and the app Facebook Messenger has a similar problem with the camera.
I can send pictures or vídeos prevoiusly stores in the memory but cannot use directly the camera into this app. Every time I want to do it, appears the same message I read in another comment, something like: "camera doesn't work, maybe another program is using it". There isn't another app opened.
However the camera works without problem out of Messenger.
Such a long time (2014) and the problem keeps unsolved.

Ines Sparkling

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
well me, when I want to take a photographe throught messenger it tells me an other app is using the cam or the flash, anyway the fact is that after every single camera don't work and quite (Instagram or even the phone's camera), I have to reboot my phone to make them work again. I've uninstalled and then instaled again, now it works again but for how many times?
Relieved it's not a problem from my phone but from Messenger app ('cause I've my phone only for 1 week ago haha)

My smartphone is a LeEco Letv max 900 (chinese brand)

1legion

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
Same problem when long-touch previous post in Facebook messenger on nexus 10.very persistent have reinstalld many Times. Please reply to: 1legion

Sarahmehalko

Aug 23, 2018
Visit site
I am having camera issues and I have a Samsung Galaxy tab 4 SM-T237P and when I use my camera on my tablet for messenger and the screen is just black what can I do to fix it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahholbrook122