My Files function on Tab S 10.5?

Cameramankeith

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
My Files function on Tab S 10.5

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 tablet which I have had for some time now. In every respect I’m really pleased with it. I love it’s great screen display and all functions work well for me. Recently though it seems to have changed the way that one feature works and this is causing me some concern.
I regularly attach to the tablet via an adapter, either a USB stick or SD card taken from my digital camera. Using the “My Files” app I used to be easily able to copy or move images or other files from the stick or card to any folder on the tablet or the micro SD card stored in the tablet’s card slot. I used to be able to view the files on the card or stick, copy them, then select the destination folder and paste.
In that last week or so that ability seems to have been lost. I can still see the source files but the “My Files” display now only seems to show files in a sort of time line displaying firstly my most recent files viewed then scrolling down to earlier files. It seems to have lost the ability to simply display a list of all possible locations on the tablet/micro SD card where I might want to copy a file to.
I have previously installed another file manager app which still works in the normally accepted way of allowing you to see source and destination locations but I did quite like how the original pre-installed “My Files” app worked and I would like to know if there’s a way of getting back what I used to have.
In passing I would mention that I also have a Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 tablet that also uses the “My Files” app and this has always worked in the normal way and has never caused me any concern.
I hope that there will be somebody out there who can give me some guidance.

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Files function on Tab S 10.5

I also have a Tab S, but I have not experienced the problem you're having; probably because I haven't actually tried to move files around. That said, I suggest you consider, as a test, removing the most recently installed file manager and see if your original My Files manager will work as it did before. Remember to reboot your Tab after uninstalling the app.

Cameramankeith

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
The other file manager app has been on the tablet for some months now and both were working fine which ever one I chose to use. It's only recently that the original app seems to have started acting in this odd manner. I am wondering if it's because there's been some sort of software update pertaining to just this "My Files" app.

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
On my Tab S, the My Files app version is 1.21.0, but this may not help since we probably received the same update along the way.
Have your re-started your Tab since discovering the problem?

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Along the way did you install Samsung Kies? I just came across this surprising info about Kies. I regret that I don't have any other ideas to offer.

lynhay05

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I encountered the exact same problem today, however I've never downloaded another File Manager to use. One minute I was downloading files and creating folders for them, the next minute the folders (such as Documents, Movies, Downloads etc) had disappeared and just a single list of all my files in various formats appeared in My Files. The 'tree view' that used to appear on the left of the screen has gone and there's just one long list of all my files in date order of download. I have searched dozens of sites and yours is the only reference to this I can find. Anyone else have a solution? (In laymans terms if possible, I'm pretty new to the Android system.)
Thanks in advance.

Mardi2

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: My Files function on Tab S 10.5

I have the same problem. I just downloaded a file manager app. and regained all my precious folders and sub folders.

Macy72

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem. The My Files app was only showing me a timeline view and not the usual folders view. I don't know why or how this happened, but I have found that clearing the cache and data for this app in the application manager has somehow reset it all back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez