"Storage space running out" message

galcott

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
On my Galaxy Tab 4 I am getting the "storage space running out" message whenever my free space drops below about 450 or 500 MB. I cannot even download from the Play Store when it reaches this level. Since this is still quite a lot of storage I am wondering why it is causing the error message and download problem. I wouldn't expect this until the space was below around 100 MB or so. Is this normal?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That may just be the threshold set by the system. A given app might not take that much space by itself, but the data that it accumulates might be significantly more, so it may be a way to protect against that.

galcott

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm just wondering if this is normal for Android devices, because I've never encountered it on my Android phones. It seems strange that I can't even download an app taking up just 5 or 10 MB when I have 450 MB free.

cjasong33

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Why don't you create a 2nd partition on your external sd card. Then download Link2SD Plus from playstor. Once installed open the app and you can link your apps to your sd card.....then also link each linked apps lib, asec, data, etc. files to your as card also. You will likely not have to worry about storage issues anymore. This is better than just moving the app to as card like most apps do for gaining more space.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non