How to use photo as the watch/face wallpaper/background?

Minattz917

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I cannot get a photo that she sent to her Gear S2 to be used as her background on her watch. I was told by her that she should be able to do this, but the only options on the photo itself is delete and send to phone. How can she use this photo as her watchface/background on her watch? Thanks.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You need a watchface that allows you to use a photo. I use Photo Watch which you can get in either digital or analog. Tell your wife to go to the Gear app on her phone and search watchfaces for Photo Watch. I prefer the analog when using a background picture but that is my personal choice. Photo Watch also allows you to have multiple pictures and switch between them. I have even used clip art for the background instead of a photo. Hope this helps.

Minattz917

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, she dl the free photo watch face for her phone, but cannot get a different wallpaper to show. Only the original blue water drop screen that it came with. Can you let me know how to change it from the watch face or the watch itself?

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, she dl the free photo watch face for her phone, but cannot get a different wallpaper to show. Only the original blue water drop screen that it came with. Can you let me know how to change it from the watch face or the watch itself?
If I'm not mistaken, the photo you want to use has to be saved on the watch. So you need to send it via the gear app and then you would see the option to use it as a watch face.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the photo does have to be on the watch itself. To transfer a photo from your phone to the watch, use the Gear app. It has a function to transfer.