Screen Capture pop up.

eeyoresue

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone. I'm a new Samsung Transform owner. I'm having issues with a pop up that appears once in a while (more so lately) that states Screen Capture. There is a little more to it, but it is so quick I can't read all of it. Anway I've done some research and reading, but can't find anything that tells me what/if anything I'm doing wrong and/or what I can do to prevent it.

It is saving weird pictures on my SD card.

Thank you so much in advance for any help you are able to give.

lazydazed

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
on the epic theres a wierd Home / Back button combo that causes it for us.. hard to recreate unless the phone is lagging and im pushing all the buttons like a monkey...

eeyoresue

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you and yes it is hard to recreate. I've tried so that I could show my Sprint Rep what it is doing. The bad thing of it is that it copied over a bunch of Florida pictures that I had taken on a school trip. Thanks again for your help.

droidizzle420

Mar 13, 2011
www.facebook.com
Same here. It'll randomly take a screen shot but the picture will come out all weird. I've had 2 transforms, the first one I bought used and it did it then it stopped working so under the insurance I got a brand new one free and it also does the same thing from time to time but not so much that its annoying.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Responding from the Epic arena...

We had this option on the "leaked" version of DK28 Froyo for the Epic 4g. There was two methods of performing the screen capture.

Landscape mode was always the easiest to do. Hold Back Key and Press Home.

Portrait was same method but the Back Key did what it was supposed to do 99% of the time and went back one screen/page/operation. So getting it to work in portrait mode was a 1 out of 1000 shot and when it did the picture was always something you didn't want.. LOL.

They were saved in a folder called "Screen Captures" if I remember correctly on your sdcard.

The official Froyo EB13 release for Epic 4g they removed this. I assume the new EC05 Froyo being OTA'ed 2/21 probably has it removed too.