Is there any possibility to change baterry

KamCho

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I'm using Sony M2 for a while and one thing can't get me calm. It's my first phone which I cannot open. So if battery dies the phone dies too? Or there is some way to change it?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Any cellphone repair shop should be able to do it. Some shops will even replace the battery while you wait if they have a replacement in stock or if they have a chance to order the battery ahead of time.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Or, if you want to learn a new skill, see if you can get a few dead phones from a local repair shop to experiment on and watch Youtube videos on opening them for various repairs. (Even a "replace the screen" video is helpful.) Learn all the little tricks in taking a phone apart and putting it back together (like curved tweezers to drop a button back in place, rather than fiddling for 5 minutes with a toothpick to get it lined up). You'll probably destroy a few phones, but they were garbage anyway, so it won't matter. Once you're confident, you can order a battery for your phone (when the one in it starts going bad - don't keep one on hand, or it'll be dead when you need it) for about $15-$20 and replace it yourself. (You can equip yourself with all the tools you'll need - tweezers, openers, spudgers, screwdrivers) for about $25 on eBay. So that's about $40-$50 total - a shop will probably charge you that much to replace the battery - and you'll still have all the tools you need to become a cellphone repairman. (And you can keep coming here to ask why a particular phone isn't working right. :))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress