When charging personal home configuration gone

Miguel Oliveira1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi! When I charge my recently bought Xperia z2 tablet, it goes back to all initial configurations, I mean, icons on homescreen that I have added, theme, and other personalization disappear so I have to do it all again. I already tried to turn it off before charging but it happened the same way. When I disconnect the cable, after 1 minute, those images presenting the tablet (vivid colors, etc...) appear and then everything's back to initial configuration. Apps I downloaded are still in settings, though. Any chance on help? Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the tablet brand new or used/refurbished? If used, is it rooted? Are you using the stock launcher or an alternative launcher?

Miguel Oliveira1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi! It's brand new. I'm using the original launcher. I just tried again: switched off on the silver button and switched on again. At first everything seems normal but after about 15 secs it appears a sony screen showing the tablet features and when desktop appears all icons are as the same as when I bought it. All my personalizations are gone...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So it isn't doing a factory reset, right? It almost sounds like some sort of demo mode. Does it look like the kind of interface you might see on a display model?

Miguel Oliveira1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Right, it's just the desktop icons disposal that go back to original as well as brightness configurations, wallpapers, and other stuff like this. Yes, that' s the interface I'd see on a display model, it's like a sony promo saying z2 it's an amazing tablet with great features showing spiderman HD images and things like that. (thanks for helping)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to the System Settings and look around for any kind of option for Demo Mode. If you don't see one, then it's possible they mistakenly sold you a floor model that has a special Demo ROM. If that's the case, you probably can't turn it off--bring it back to the store and ask for an exchange.