Z3c Not Charging Completely

ktcred

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
The last few nights, I've noticed that my Z3c is not charging completely. It appears to stop around the 75% range. I even tried with a different cable and charging element today and the same issue occurred. Anyone else experience this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
See if you can recalibrate the meter. Use it until it shuts off automatically, then start charging it up immediately afterwards, preferably with the power still off. Let it charge for 8 hours or so, then power on and use it again until it shuts off again. Do this two or three times, and then see if the meter is more accurate.

Is the battery otherwise functioning normally? Or is it discharging too quickly, or getting unusually warm? It's also possible the battery is failing.

ktcred

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
See if you can recalibrate the meter. Use it until it shuts off automatically, then start charging it up immediately afterwards, preferably with the power still off. Let it charge for 8 hours or so, then power on and use it again until it shuts off again. Do this two or three times, and then see if the meter is more accurate.

Is the battery otherwise functioning normally? Or is it discharging too quickly, or getting unusually warm? It's also possible the battery is failing.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have noticed that it stops charging at about 85%. It has done this three nights in a row. The battery does work fine for the day and I don't notice faster drain than normal.

I let the battery run all the way down today, per your suggestion. I have been charging it for about three hours (phone is off) and it only has a 3% charge. This doesn't look promising.

ktcred

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Let it charge overnight while powered off.

I'm now at 100%. I had to unplug and replug several times, as it would stop charging at random moments. I did get it to 100 though (took a very long time).

Any thoughts if I should drain again or if it is OK to charge again tonight?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it's up to 100%, try using it normally and see if the battery behaves.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

ktcred

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
If it's up to 100%, try using it normally and see if the battery behaves.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

No luck. Still stops at about 85%. I tried a hard reset of the phone to see if that works. For some reason, I can't get a hard reset to activate. I tried the button behind the flap and it won't depress.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How new is the phone? If you're still within the store's return window, bring it back for a replacement. Otherwise, you may want to contact Sony to see if you can get a replacement from them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87