How do I connect my phone only to the speakers of my Radio, not with my microphone?

A

AC Question

Connecting phone only to speakers of Radio, Not with microfone

Hello.
My cars Radio provide free talk via Bluetooth. Unfortunately the micro is damaged. I tried to use the very good Mic of my xperia z3, but everytime i connect to the Radio to use the speakers of the Car (the z3s are to silent) i cannot use the phone's Mic anymore. Seems like the phone always connects to the Not working Mic too. Can i somehow separate this or force using the phone's Mic for a call?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Connecting phone only to speakers of Radio, Not with microfone

It depends on your car's system. Some systems have the option to select which functions of your phone to connect to your car's audio system. If your car has this option, you should see something in the lines of 'Phone and audio, phone only, audio only'. You'd want to use 'Audio Only', but that would also mean you wouldn't get texts in your car or call alerts in your system, only on your phone.

If your car radio has the 'headset' profile hardcoded, then that's the only way it'll connect to your phone (audio and microphone input). You could use an AUX cable, which in theory would only output audio, but that defeats the purpose of BlueTooth.