I Got to Play With An Epic Today!

NSS

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
So today I had a crazy run around trying to get Sprint to replace my Hero (which they did) and right before I left the store, a big wig told the rep who I was speaking with that he just dropped off the Epic's. So I just asked the rep if we could play with it for a bit and he said sure lol.

So first impression was wow. I mean the device was nice to look at online, but boy it was cool looking at it in person. We couldn't take off the screen cover thingy (the one that says remove before use blah blah) because they were gonna sell it soon but we did take off about half and looked at the screen. The screen was really nice because the colors were vibrant and when it was off, it looked really slick. The capacitive buttons weren't functioning correctly though because I would tap the screen and they wouldn't turn on and even when they were on, it was still hard for the phone to register the touch. Might take a bit of getting used to I guess or maybe the settings weren't to my liking.

The overall quality of the phone was solid and it felt smaller than it should be if that makes sense. I held an Evo as well and it felt smaller but it was a tad thicker and it was crazy cause the keyboard is soooo nice on it. The flat keys are there to save some space and keep the phone thinner and I didn't mind it either. The rep told me I could use another lines upgrade and get it and he said he could hook that up on tuesday! Also I asked to pre-order it and only 5 other people were on that list...while the Evo was at 43. It's either a genius idea by Samsung because when people go to buy an Evo and its OOS, they can get another powerhouse phone on the spot. Or its a bad move because the lack of marketing won't get the across to the average consumers.

All in all, it was a nice epic experience. I may wait on it until 4g rolls out around my area and I will see if BB has any instock the day it comes out.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
So today I had a crazy run around trying to get Sprint to replace my Hero (which they did) and right before I left the store, a big wig told the rep who I was speaking with that he just dropped off the Epic's. So I just asked the rep if we could play with it for a bit and he said sure lol.

So first impression was wow. I mean the device was nice to look at online, but boy it was cool looking at it in person. We couldn't take off the screen cover thingy (the one that says remove before use blah blah) because they were gonna sell it soon but we did take off about half and looked at the screen. The screen was really nice because the colors were vibrant and when it was off, it looked really slick. The capacitive buttons weren't functioning correctly though because I would tap the screen and they wouldn't turn on and even when they were on, it was still hard for the phone to register the touch. Might take a bit of getting used to I guess or maybe the settings weren't to my liking.

The overall quality of the phone was solid and it felt smaller than it should be if that makes sense. I held an Evo as well and it felt smaller but it was a tad thicker and it was crazy cause the keyboard is soooo nice on it. The flat keys are there to save some space and keep the phone thinner and I didn't mind it either. The rep told me I could use another lines upgrade and get it and he said he could hook that up on tuesday! Also I asked to pre-order it and only 5 other people were on that list...while the Evo was at 43. It's either a genius idea by Samsung because when people go to buy an Evo and its OOS, they can get another powerhouse phone on the spot. Or its a bad move because the lack of marketing won't get the across to the average consumers.

All in all, it was a nice epic experience. I may wait on it until 4g rolls out around my area and I will see if BB has any instock the day it comes out.

Gosh darn it! Push don't tap! Think resistive not capacitive! Anyways, you are really lucky and thank you for the quick insight on the Epic.

NSS

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Gosh darn it! Push don't tap! Think resistive not capacitive! Anyways, you are really lucky and thank you for the quick insight on the Epic.

I tried to but they kept timing out idk maybe cause that film was over it? But I wish I could have played with it some more, this one customer kept staring us down so I just left lol. I wanted to play with the apps and see the music player and all that too :( oh well.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I tried to but they kept timing out idk maybe cause that film was over it? But I wish I could have played with it some more, this one customer kept staring us down so I just left lol. I wanted to play with the apps and see the music player and all that too :( oh well.

Screen protectors can affect the usage. Well, looks like you'll be able to play a lot more on Tuesday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez