MP4 Video

epbb

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I was under the impression that the Epic supported MORE video files than the Evo? Am I incorrect?

To be more specific, I have not tried transfering the file to my epic from a computer. I used to be able to download MP4s directly from my Evo, but I'm not able to do it from my Epic. I will try transfering MP4 files directly from my computer when I get home from work to see if I'm able to play them.

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why the video specs are not listed anywhere. It can play MP4 videos with 2 channel AAC, xvids with ac3 or mp3, x264 videos with MKV container and 2 channel AAC.

If only I could find the bitrate specs for the phone.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
To be more specific, I have not tried transfering the file to my epic from a computer. I used to be able to download MP4s directly from my Evo, but I'm not able to do it from my Epic. I will try transfering MP4 files directly from my computer when I get home from work to see if I'm able to play them.

CONFIRMED: drag n' drop is a go!

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I was under the impression that the Epic supported MORE video files than the Evo? Am I incorrect?

The evo cannot play the same files as the Epic. So far the Epic can play xvids with ac3 sound, x264 with mkv container with 2 channel AAC audio max 720p, MP4 etc. The evo basically only played h264 and mpeg4 with the mp4 container using a simple profile.

allhailcale

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I dragged and dropped an mpeg (movie) onto my epic and it won't play. However, I did the same thing with an mp4 (video I created) and it works like a charm. What gives?

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
The evo cannot play the same files as the Epic. So far the Epic can play xvids with ac3 sound, x264 with mkv container with 2 channel AAC audio max 720p, MP4 etc. The evo basically only played h264 and mpeg4 with the mp4 container using a simple profile.

I thought that the epic could play 5.1 channel mkv files. I tested one but I'm not certain whether it was 5.1 or just stereo
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I thought that the epic could play 5.1 channel mkv files. I tested one but I'm not certain whether it was 5.1 or just stereo
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I have messed with it enough and know it does not play 5.1 in an mkv container but it plays 5.1 in divx or xvid. It can also play wmv

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
It’s worth noticing that some tablets and smart phones support 5.1 channel but you cannot get it. The reason for this is quite simple, the hardware of most tablets and smart phones does not support the output of 5.1 channel .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch