Data Roaming warning.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I have had a couple instances where my Epic warned me that I was on data roaming..

My question is does sprint charge for data roaming, I am talking local within the USA.

I have gotten this warning a couple times when out of signal area..

Anyone else get this warning? Does Sprint charge for data roaming?

eriksseven

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had that too and have also been unsure. I've been hitting NO, when asked 2 data roam... I looked at my bill and it showed data roam in RED, like WATCH OUT! and it said something trivial 4 usage, like 200kb used and then 4 the charge it said $0.00

I dunno if its at $0.00 because they have a "grace" amount or because its free... if free, why is it RED like it's not included?

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Sprint doesn't charge for roaming in the USA to stop getting the message press menu + settings wireless & networks+ scroll down to mobile networkS with the s on the end this take you to the data roaming settings and you should be able to turn off the warning from there.

marioc

May 31, 2010
Visit site
There's no charge for roaming, but Sprint's TOS does limit data roaming to something like 300mb per month. Not sure what will happen if you cross that line, but it probably isn't good.

Annihil8or

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I have heard the 300 mb as well, which should be hard to do considering your speed will probably be slow if you are roaming. I turned the System select to "Sprint Only" under Call settings which changes the cdma roaming mode. I think this forces me to just go to no signal instead of roaming. I still wish I could turn off the annoying beeping noise when "searching for networks."

ducatti20

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
If you read the terms of service you see something to the effect that if you exceed the 300mb roaming or more than 50% of your calls roaming Sprint may choose to terminate their relationship with you... looks like an easy way out of contract to me...

v8440

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I found this thread. I had roaming guard turned on in the options, it and kept asking me whether I wanted to data roam at the most ******ed times possible. I was at a dragstrip out of town today, and I was taking video of my buddy's car...and up pops the dumbass question. COMPLETELY interrupted the video, to ask me a stupid question. That's just senseless-as many smart features as these phones have, and it allows the equivalent of someone asking you to bum a dollar for a coke while you're having surgery.

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have had a couple instances where my Epic warned me that I was on data roaming..

My question is does sprint charge for data roaming, I am talking local within the USA.

I have gotten this warning a couple times when out of signal area..

Anyone else get this warning? Does Sprint charge for data roaming?

This is a good question!!. My plan like most of smart phone on Sprint is. 1500 family share anytime anymobile. However, if you are not in the Sprint network, Sprint will star counting on your minutes that you have in your plan.( this is for the plan that I have.) I do not know which plan you have in your account. I have my phone rooted and I use Roam Control app when I do not have signal during the weekends and sometimes during the week days. Most of the time Sprint roams on Verizon. The internet that you get is 1x from Verizon that is why your internet is very slow. Sometimes I roam 35000 kb per month. I have been with Sprint for the last 8 years and I have not heard anything from Sprint about cutting my service.

Last edited:

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
If you read the terms of service you see something to the effect that if you exceed the 300mb roaming or more than 50% of your calls roaming Sprint may choose to terminate their relationship with you... looks like an easy way out of contract to me...

lol it wouldnt surprise me if they still charged an early termination fee even though their the ones terminating you

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
lol it wouldnt surprise me if they still charged an early termination fee even though their the ones terminating you

I think they do. What I did since I roam at home and at work, I called them beforehand. They sent me an airave for home and my work just hooked up wifi (new building and we haven't opened so I'm glad to see the wifi). Whats stupid is that both my residence and work are in 4G networks, but that is way too weak to penetrate south florida buildings (everything has to withstand 150mph winds).

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Yea I love sprint but I deicded to trade off until they get wimax at lower frequency or lte...I need internet INSIDE and OUTSIDE I'm sure in testing they saw this why continue with the "4G" clear it szuks

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I found this thread. I had roaming guard turned on in the options, it and kept asking me whether I wanted to data roam at the most ******ed times possible. I was at a dragstrip out of town today, and I was taking video of my buddy's car...and up pops the dumbass question. COMPLETELY interrupted the video, to ask me a stupid question. That's just senseless-as many smart features as these phones have, and it allows the equivalent of someone asking you to bum a dollar for a coke while you're having surgery.

olol this analogy is so true

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89