Dolphin Browser and scrolling

flunkn

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Dolphin Browser and can't figure out the scroll feature on it.

When I am reading an article (usually magnified) and need to scroll around, the edges of the browser extend out with menus, depending on which way I am scrolling.

I get that I can reposition the article or page by holding down on it, moving the edge back to closed, and moving the page slightly upward but this is a real pain.

Can anyone give me some hints and tricks on how to disable this (or understand how it works) or on general Dolphin use to help me not go crazy when I am using the browser.

Thanks.

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
If I read you right, you magnified in and want to scroll to the side to line up the text, but when you do that you pull the side menu? Drag your finger the way you want want to scroll, but also diagonally up at the same time like / It will scroll over and not pop a menu.

Prince_Basil

May 1, 2010
princebasil.net
In the settings there's an option to turn off the slide out tool bar & bookmarks bar. If you uncheck it you'll have to push the little paper looking button on the phone. Idk if they're called captivative buttons or whatever. But those. Lmao!

flunkn

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Mike77 and Prince_Basil. Yes, I am definitely challenged but both procedure's work. I chose the latter and should have checked there first. Anyway, stand-by for more noobie questions, and thanks again.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
What I do is disable that in the settings and also toggle full screen mode automatically. When I need any of the menus on the sides or need to navigate to another page, I just press the menu button on my phone and everything pops up.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I like having both of the side windows hidden and accessible through scroll... when I want to get around it and otherwise scroll through a page, I usually try a slight diagonal scroll workaround instead of just a standard left and right scroll... it's a tad counter-intuitive, but it works for me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45