Not Able to See/Answer Incoming Calls after manual Froyo update

muskrat2k1

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I manually installed the EB13 Froyo update last night (via SD card, not Windows Installer) and have been experiencing a number of issues touched on in opther posts (calendar sync, force close of media apps, etc.). But the biggest issue for me is one I haven't seen mentioned... I'm not getting any indication that there is a voice call coming in. No Answer/Ignore/Ignore with Text screen pops up, no vibrations, no ringtones, not even a Missed Call notif after the call is done. If they leave a VM, I'll get that notif a minute or two after. If I go into the call Log, the missed calls are there.

I have tested with a number of different lines calling my #. One of them will come through just fine and I can answer/ignore, but none of the others. Some folks say it rang plenty like you'd expect before going to VM, others said they only got 1 or 2 rings, then VM (none were testing at the same time as each other).

Is anyone else experiencing an issue like this?

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I suppose the most obvious thing to ask is if you have a good signal. Assuming you do, can you try to determine any commonalities between the numbers that get through and those that don't? Are the blocked numbers all landlines, for instance, or all from a particular cell carrier? These are factors which would be helpful to know in diagnosing the problem.

muskrat2k1

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, signal is strong.

In crystallizing some of the testing, it appears this could have to do with facebook contacts. The calls (now 3 successfull attempts from diff numbers, continued failed attempts from others) that succeeded were all from #s that were not associated with a person in my contact set who is also a facebook contact (yes my FB contacts are currently synced, so it merged w/ the matching regular contacts).

For example: My GF's info was all input manually into contacts back in the day (synced w/ gmail). Once I got this phone I had it sync both gmail and facebook, so she has info from both under her single entry in my Contacts. When she tries to call from her cell or from her work landline, I get nothing. When she tried calling from someone else's desk at work (a person I don't have as a contact) it worked.

A 2nd example: I have my work desk phone # in my contacts. But there is no FB contact that it merged with upon FB sync. When I call from my desk, it works just fine.

I'm going to play with FB sync on/off to see if that alleviates the issue. Will report back once I've had the chance.

In the meantime, any other suggestions or people sharing this issue, please shout out!

Thanks!

Last edited:

eerongal

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, signal is strong.

In crystallizing some of the testing, it appears this could have to do with facebook contacts. The calls (now 3 successfull attempts from diff numbers, continued failed attempts from others) that succeeded were all from #s that were not associated with a person in my contact set who is also a facebook contact (yes my FB contacts are currently synced, so it merged w/ the matching regular contacts).

For example: My GF's info was all input manually into contacts back in the day (synced w/ gmail). Once I got this phone I had it sync both gmail and facebook, so she has info from both under her single entry in my Contacts. When she tries to call from her cell or from her work landline, I get nothing. When she tried calling from someone else's desk at work (a person I don't have as a contact) it worked.

A 2nd example: I have my work desk phone # in my contacts. But there is no FB contact that it merged with upon FB sync. When I call from my desk, it works just fine.

I'm going to play with FB sync on/off to see if that alleviates the issue. Will report back once I've had the chance.

In the meantime, any other suggestions or people sharing this issue, please shout out!

Thanks!

out of curiousity, what's your DDTM setting on? (settings >> call settings >> DDTM)

muskrat2k1

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I turned off FB contact sync. Also went into Contacts and told it not to display FB. Went to a particular contact and removed the FB "link" from that person. Had the person try to call, and still no such luck. This time, though, I did catch a force close error for "android.phone" and the radio reset itself, accompanied by the same quick li'l vibrations that are occuring when other stuff force closes post-update.

I had felt the mini-vibrations on some earlier unsuccessful call attempts, but must not have been quick enough to unlock to catch the "android.phone" error.