Phone Shuts Down Randomly

joedig52

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Since Froyo my phone will randomly shut down and will not power back on unless I pull the battery, I have 2 batteries and it happens with either one. It does not shut sown while on charger/dock. I have wiped the phone multiple times, I've used several different roms also with the same result. Just curious if anyone else has been experiencing this issue since eb13

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I had a problem with the phone shutting down and I needed to reboot it as well. But it happened only twice and only when it had a "cheap hong kong battery". It never happened yet with the "samsung" original battery. Btw my friend reported this problem with his epic and he still has eclair running on his. So I don't think this is just a eb13 problem.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I had the problem with my eclair but it would do it 3 or 4 times a day. I called phone support and let them know that I already tried a hard reset. They sent me a new phone and I have been problem free every since.

Sent from my Epic using Tapatalk

Sahmbo1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Actually, mine just started kind of doing this as of recent: aka the past two or three days. I'll open some app and the phone will bog down, kind of normal enough. Then it'll just shut down. I've just chalked it up to processor safety, but who knows.

joedig52

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I had a problem with the phone shutting down and I needed to reboot it as well. But it happened only twice and only when it had a "cheap hong kong battery". It never happened yet with the "samsung" original battery. Btw my friend reported this problem with his epic and he still has eclair running on his. So I don't think this is just a eb13 problem.

both batteries are genuine samsung, 1 stock 1 from sprint store, thanks for letting me know someone has seen this on eclair also, prob a hardware issue, phone gets dropped a lot I work in a shop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chibisaurus