Reader mode question

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm replacing my phone with a nexus (my only option) , and I'm wondering, when using play books or Kindle or Adobe pdf, does that bar at the bottom go away until you press the screen?

Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm replacing my phone with a nexus (my only option) , and I'm wondering, when using play books or Kindle or Adobe pdf, does that bar at the bottom go away until you press the screen?

Thanks

Welcome to the Nexus jrsharp70. I've noticed that the soft keys hide at times, but you still can see where they are. I do know when using Adobe Reader the soft keys stay. Not sure about the Kindle app though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the Nexus jrsharp70. I've noticed that the soft keys hide at times, but you still can see where they are. I do know when using Adobe Reader the soft keys stay. Not sure about the Kindle app though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

They stick around with the Kindle.

The only times I've seen them go away are when playing video in full screen mode (landscape in youtube app), and they shrink to faded dots when you are in the camera/camcorder mode. After a while, it feels weird when you're looking at the screen and they're NOT there, I just write off that portion of the screen as if they are "offscreen" buttons.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
They stick around with the Kindle.

The only times I've seen them go away are when playing video in full screen mode (landscape in youtube app), and they shrink to faded dots when you are in the camera/camcorder mode. After a while, it feels weird when you're looking at the screen and they're NOT there, I just write off that portion of the screen as if they are "offscreen" buttons.

Well, that does suck that it takes up screen real estate, but I got used to it on my tablet and I guess I'll get used to it on my phone.

It is still a nice bump from my current 4 inch screen. I am assuming that the reason it is 4.65 inches is to make it closer to 4.5 actual usable inches.

Last edited: