Galaxy s2 or nexus

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriend has a nexus coming in the next day r 2 and was wondering what u guys thought should I swap her for my s2 or keep the s2 I like it but the nexus looks nicer and has a much better display and I like the 3 button home row but idk yet any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Sent from my totally awesome jellybeanerific S2 epic 4G touch using tapatalk!

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Is it the Nexus 4? If I were you I would take it from her as long as she was okay with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately not the nexus 4 its the galaxy nexus and no she doesn't mind she said it'd be an early Christmas present lol just wondering if it'd be worth it to switch

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriend has a nexus coming in the next day r 2 and was wondering what u guys thought should I swap her for my s2 or keep the s2 I like it but the nexus looks nicer and has a much better display and I like the 3 button home row but idk yet any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Wouldn't you want her to have the better phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
She's not a tech saavy person lol she doesn't care what phone she has as long as it's an android phone and she can play Andry birds on it lol

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
She's not a tech saavy person lol she doesn't care what phone she has as long as it's an android phone and she can play Andry birds on it lol

Personally I would go for the Nexus I just received mine and its awesome upgrade from the Viper I had. Plus its easy to mod, and you don't have to keep just the three buttons at the bottom.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356002333518.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356002333518.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 52

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would give her the S2. Touchwiz adds some nice features such as t9 dialing, and the ability to quickly turn wifi, bt, and a couple other settings on and off right from the notification shade, that the average user will find comfortable to use.
They are both fairly comparable in speed to each other too.
The nexus in its stock form does not have these features. You can add them in, but now your looking at unlocking and changing the rom to something like aokp, cm10, sourcery, or any of the other fantastic roms available.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's what I was thinking and I don't care to much for touchwiz she likes it tho as far as roms go I was thinking of cm10 or paranoid android I've read that the nexus is pretty sweet and there's tons of mods/roms for it as well and the HD superamoled screen is a big plus bcuz the s2 screen isn't hd its nice but not hd. The phones on its way should be here tomorrow tho...

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's what I was thinking and I don't care to much for touchwiz she likes it tho as far as roms go I was thinking of cm10 or paranoid android I've read that the nexus is pretty sweet and there's tons of mods/roms for it as well and the HD superamoled screen is a big plus bcuz the s2 screen isn't hd its nice but not hd. The phones on its way should be here tomorrow tho...

Well then we welcome you to the Nexus secret society. You may have to lose your ring finger. :rolleyes: :p

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Lol I'm prepared... it came today tho been test driving it for a few hours now and I must say I really like the stock android feel mainly not having any bloatware all in all a pretty sweet phone can't wait to get paranoid on it...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome lol I got mine last month and came from a s2 also I had a ns4g I never opened either I had to open up a second line and my girl has vzw so I gave my homie the ns4g. I've been enjoyin it ever sense

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356336982944.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356336982944.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 52

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Nexus...I personally think its a better phone having tried both. Also, if she ever wants to enjoy 4G LTE (if its in your area or at least coming soon) then she never can since the G2 only supports wimax which is dying fast. The nexus is more future proof.

Sent from my phone that's better than yours.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the input guys I went ahead and chose the nexus I really like it so far just wish I knew the best way to root it and can't find a download for paranoid anywhere either

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Really? I found it right HERE [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 2.99.9r1 [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toroplus] [Hybrid] 23-DEC-2012 - xda-developers Download, directions, ect... Just make sure you do the unlocking before you do anything else, even if you want to stick with stock. Reason is: unlocking erases EVERYTHING. But you only need to do it once :)

Thanks for all the input guys I went ahead and chose the nexus I really like it so far just wish I knew the best way to root it and can't find a download for paranoid anywhere either

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

I went through all of this. If you want, I can tell you exactly how to easily root and get a stable build

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated I've never flashed custom roms I've rooted every phone I've ever had tho I've flashed stock roms but never ne thing custom so yeah if u wanna give step by steps that'd be awesome.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated I've never flashed custom roms I've rooted every phone I've ever had tho I've flashed stock roms but never ne thing custom so yeah if u wanna give step by steps that'd be awesome.

Are you messing with me? I gave you step by step instructions in your other thread. I think you are messing with me.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Sorry no I'm not messing with u I just didn't check that post yet lol my bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mostafakhalaf