Yes...another battery question....

jlmalone

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
How is it that I'm working on my phone at my desk with it plugged in and the battery drains faster than it charges? Insights?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
How is it that I'm working on my phone at my desk with it plugged in and the battery drains faster than it charges? Insights?

bad charger or charger doesnt push out enough mA. the charger should push out at least 500 mA, better would be 1A.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken (I'm no techie expert), USB ports are severaly undervoltaged and put out a far lower amount of power than an AC outlet. FAR lower.

Pretty much this. I don't remember the exact output difference, but you can still drain the battery while plugged into a usb port with the screen on.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

anon(854666)

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Pc usb port

I would recommend that you use a wall charger with an output rated for 1 A (Ampere) or more. The computer USB port is likely rated for around 300-350 mA (milliamperes) while your phone is drawing upwards of 400 milliamperes while in use.

FLAWLESSVW

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, not only have I noticed that issue with non-stock chargers (wall AND car) but also with an older usb extension I put in-line between the stock wall charger and stock usb cord. I'm not sure if that usb extension was even a "2.0" cable or if the pinouts are incorrect, etc... I had it laying around. But I tried a different usb extension and it works fine and charges fast.

Kind of just illustrates that our phones are quite picky with what power we supply them. I also had to ditch a car charger that was rated at 1.0 amp supposedly because of this drain you speak of.

Sent from my Samsung GS2 using Tapatalk 2