camera blury right when taking picture

stockkid07

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice that even when the picture looks crisp on the screen, the second u snap the picture it seems to blur a little and when u look back at the pik it is not crisp

ChapStick Assassin

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you have slightly shaky hands, try using the voice control feature (where you say cheese and it takes the picture) or try using the timer and sit the phone down so you're not touching it... If those pics also come out blurry, you got a lemon.... if they come out clear, shaky hands!

rgh718

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't the s 3 have a stabilizer, for the camera?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

rickspencer

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice that even when the picture looks crisp on the screen, the second u snap the picture it seems to blur a little and when u look back at the pik it is not crisp

I have noticed it and its annoying. It does it even when the camera is still however if I use the flash it seems to help. It was not this way on the GS2 - kind of frustrating.

rgh718

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
It could also be the auto focus adjusting too. Give it a second and see if it clears up.

the__walrus

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I also notice that problem, one thing u can do is to touch the screen where u want to focus. Also taken pictures where is darker (like inside my house) I notice that the flash doesn't help too much, but if touch the screen like I said before it will use the flash before taken the picture. I know it sound like it doesn't make any sense, but I guess that's the way the camera works!!!!

sandman132

May 28, 2012
Visit site
It's because Samsung photo galleries have to refocus. Open up the gallery then click back until it exits. Relaunch the gallery and pictures are crisp.

kaivorb

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
It's because Samsung photo galleries have to refocus. Open up the gallery then click back until it exits. Relaunch the gallery and pictures are crisp.

Nope. This doesn't solve it for me (Sprint 32GB in case that matters). They are even blurry when I upload to Sugarsync and then to my computer and then to Facebook.

And I have the same issue with the front facing camera (which I use a lot for capturing pictures of myself in different locations for my blog). EVO looked better.

I have the anti-shake on, but that isn't fixing it. And the flash won't fix the front camera (I know the front is a lower quality MP, but it should still be solid).

I'm having the same issue, and it is most definitely irritating considering the quality of the phone and camera.

K--

sandman132

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Main camera should not do that for sure, I would call sprint make them exchange the device.

iambatman32

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with my S3. Then I figured out something. I noticed that if you snap the button while the focus brackets were green - the picture would come out much more clear. If you snap the frame while it is still white, you might get as sharp of a focus.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem with my S3. Then I figured out something. I noticed that if you snap the button while the focus brackets were green - the picture would come out much more clear. If you snap the frame while it is still white, you might get as sharp of a focus.

ill have to try that

its annoying to take a picture, thinking it came out alright, only to review it later and it is all blurry...it's weird and it sucks esp when you have only a moments notice to take the picture, like a passing by car

May 24, 2011
Visit site

I agree with this 100%. I'm very detailed. From what I have noticed is when you take the picture and look at it on the gallery screen it's sharp. But once you put the phone down let's say for 20 min's gallery did not focus. So what I did was I put on Quickpic.

Another issue I saw which was strange. (and I'm going to repost it) is let's say I'm taking a pic. The bracket focuses but then it moves after about 10 sec then you have to reposition the camera to take the pic. I notice when I wait that long and after the small move it does take better pics. Has anyone seen that? That move is like the bracket moving in a diagnal postion as a jerk off the oringnal center.

May 24, 2011
Visit site
This issue is strange. let's say I'm taking a pic. The bracket focuses but then it moves after about 10 sec then you have to reposition the camera to take the pic. I notice when I wait that long and after the small move it does take better pics. Has anyone seen that? That move is like the bracket moving in a diagnal postion as a jerk off the oringnal center.