Google NOW on Jelly Bean

TLO201

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys i just updated to 4.1.1 on my S3, and i was wondering if anyone could help me make Google Now my default when i press the home button twice. I dont like S-Voice at all, so i would like to replace it with that. Thanks in advance for your input..:cool:

TLO201

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
its like S-Voice or Siri. it connects everything in ur phone to voice search.. sports scores weather things like that i figured out the answer to my question. After you set it up by clicking the google search bar on your phone. all you simply do is hold down the Menu button and it brings up google now. You can just say "Google" and it wakes up and then... BAM get your search on.. Hope this helped anyone wondering the same thing as me.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there is an easy way to map the home button to Google Now instead of S Voice without someone putting this into a custom rom. Why don't you just hold down the capacitive button on the left, that brings you straight to Google Now.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Here's what I did. I added the Google app to my lock screen. Hit your power button to get to the lock screen and swipe up on the Google app and you're there. That's about the fastest way to get to it.

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes Google search is Google now. Just hit the microphone and speak. It's pretty awesome I think.

Sent from my Galaxy Slll using TapaTalk!

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys i just updated to 4.1.1 on my S3, and i was wondering if anyone could help me make Google Now my default when i press the home button twice. I dont like S-Voice at all, so i would like to replace it with that. Thanks in advance for your input..:cool:

Nova Prime allows for mapping the home button. I think Apex & Go might as well.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
only thing it doesn't do is add calendar appointments. I had Jelly Bean on my Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 10. Hopefully they will fix this in the future.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer