Galaxy S3 won't Update

Wilfi

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a Sprint Galaxy S3 and it will not update to jelly bean. When I look at the device's details, it says that it is at 4.0.4. When I try and click update firmware though, it says there are no updates available. I've tried syncing too and my parents have it for there s3's. Help!?

archangel849

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the method posted in other threads? Clearing the Google services framework data in the application settings. Then trying the update again? Took me 6 times before it worked.

Sent From My Galaxy SIII

av1atrx

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
When I try that method, I get a message about how all the application's data will be deleted permanently. Is that normal and ok to press "ok"?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a Sprint Galaxy S3 and it will not update to jelly bean. When I look at the device's details, it says that it is at 4.0.4. When I try and click update firmware though, it says there are no updates available. I've tried syncing too and my parents have it for there s3's. Help!?

Just do a manual update, following the numerous posts. It's simple, you won't lose your files, etc., and it'll only take a few minutes. It's a big file, so make sure your battery has a good charge. If you have questions about the manual update, they've probably already been answered in those posts. But, if you still have questions...just ask.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
When I try that method, I get a message about how all the application's data will be deleted permanently. Is that normal and ok to press "ok"?

This only deletes APPLICATION DATA for that one application. It is no big deal as it is nothing you need.

Mazen Yaghmour

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Heloo, i have the new android version 4.1.2 and when i press software update it give me'':access to the software update service is provided to users in the order in which they request it,try later...
what i can do about it???
plz help

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Heloo, i have the new android version 4.1.2 and when i press software update it give me'':access to the software update service is provided to users in the order in which they request it,try later...
what i can do about it???
plz help

What are you trying to update? 4.1.2 is the most current update and not even officially out and has not been released for the Sprint yet.

staceyek2011

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
hi i am having the same problem all my family have the s3 but mine is the only one that hasnt updated tryed the manual download but it wont let me download it

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
hi i am having the same problem all my family have the s3 but mine is the only one that hasnt updated tryed the manual download but it wont let me download it

Go into the about phone in settings and if you're on version L710VPBLJ7 (SPRINT) you are already on the most current official version. Also worth asking, is your S3 a Sprint, AT&T, TMobile or Verizon model. All the different carriers have didfferent software and get updated at different tims. Just because the Sprint model gets an update means nothing for AT&T phones.

georgeschahoud

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Its didnt work i try it a lot of time but my phone isnt ota i have my s3 4.0.4 and no update available can u help me ?? And my base band i didnt find it in google so i dont know were my phone come from

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

You can go to samsung updates.com and look up your device (SPH-L710). Then download the .zip file. Because it's a zip, you will have to place it on either your SD card or your phone's internal memory. I would suggest the SD card. Reboot into recovery, and apply the update from there. DISCLAIMER: This method may wipe your data. In fact, I would suggest to voluntarily wipe it anyway, along with cache.

EpicElephants

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
So, I am trying to update my Galaxy S3 to the latest software, yet when I check, it says that my device is up to date. My co-worker got the 4.3 Jelly Bean update back in October, and I have been checking online to see when 4.3 is supposed to come out. Many websites said it came out at the end of October and there are a few other websites that said 4.3 came out for Sprint on 11/6. It is now 11/14 and when I check my phone to update the software, it says it's up to date, yet when I check my Android version it says I am only on 4.1.2. Any help please?!

x893

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
So, I am trying to update my Galaxy S3 to the latest software, yet when I check, it says that my device is up to date. My co-worker got the 4.3 Jelly Bean update back in October, and I have been checking online to see when 4.3 is supposed to come out. Many websites said it came out at the end of October and there are a few other websites that said 4.3 came out for Sprint on 11/6. It is now 11/14 and when I check my phone to update the software, it says it's up to date, yet when I check my Android version it says I am only on 4.1.2. Any help please?!

There are a number of threads about this. The 4.3 is not out yet. ... Sprint has stated to some that it will be next week. Folks really. .... try reading or searching first.

Posted via Android Central App