Another neat trick from google now

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting ready for a business trip, and google now just told me my flight is on time, gate info, directions to the airport ( both side to and from where I'm going and staying) and all that jazz.
Very very cool

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting ready for a business trip, and google now just told me my flight is on time, gate info, directions to the airport ( both side to and from where I'm going and staying) and all that jazz.
Very very cool

How did it know you were going on a trip though lol? I have seen that you can link it up to your GMail and if you buy something off lets say eBay or Amazon your package info (assuming there's a tracking # with it) will show up on Google Now. I buy TONS of stuff from eBay but I've never gotten that card yet...

bkosh84

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Probably because they sent him his boarding passes and whatnot to his Gmail account and Google Now pulled the information.. Just like Google Now pulls information when you buy something at Amazon or Ebay or another E-Tailer.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Probably because they sent him his boarding passes and whatnot to his Gmail account and Google Now pulled the information.. Just like Google Now pulls information when you buy something at Amazon or Ebay or another E-Tailer.

That's what I was just talkin bout! I have Google Now linked to my GMail account and like I said, I buy stuff from eBay all the time and never get any cards from it!

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Those reading this with Google Music can you tell me if Google now works when you say "listen to (whatever song you gave in your Google Music) "

42rj21

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Your search queries also tells Google now a lot. I've searched information about a flight. From that point forward, the card concerning that flight always showed up telling me what the status was. Also, once maps determined my location at an airport, the card for directions to the airport always showed up too.

Sent from my SPH-L710

b0x3r

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i just tried it on my GS3 and i said listen to "whatever artist" and it prompted me to open it in the samsung music player, hope this helps.

Jimieo

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can use Google Play Music. Just make sure you have it set as your default music player and it should work just fine. See my screen shots:
2013-01-08 06.11.15.png2013-01-08 06.11.24.png

Those reading this with Google Music can you tell me if Google now works when you say "listen to (whatever song you gave in your Google Music) "

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How did it know you were going on a trip though lol? I have seen that you can link it up to your GMail and if you buy something off lets say eBay or Amazon your package info (assuming there's a tracking # with it) will show up on Google Now. I buy TONS of stuff from eBay but I've never gotten that card yet...

Does the ebay emails have the tracking number? Or just the purchase receipt showing what you paid?

I buy a ton off Newegg and it always shows a card for my purchases once they are shipped.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty