panorama shots not saved

hitsmanj

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I took some panorama shots yesterday and now can't find them in my phone. Also did not upload to dropbox. These are the first pans I have taken since updating to kitkat, have I missed something new here?

hitsmanj

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
there will be a folder called DCIM , look there

Looked there, no luck. Apparently they did not save, I did a test pan this morning and found it in my gallery as usual. Test pan uploaded to dropbox. I might have exited camera too quickly? But can't imagine having done that on both pics.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes that will absolutely happen if you don't wait to see the blue bar go to 100% (at the bottom of the picture) before you exit out of the camera.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

McCringle

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I found an odd storage location for panoramas. I was doing a file search for all .jpg images on my Nexus 5, and it popped up. Inside are the several images that compose a photosphere, as well as photosphere metadata.

This is where I found it:

Computer\Nexus 5\Internal storage\Android\data\com.google.android.GoogleCamera\files\panorama_sessions\session_20140908_203106

So you should look inside Android-->data-->com.google.android.GoogleCamera-->files-->panorama_sessions to find the panorama and photosphere files. I suspect that these are just the raw data, and that there is a composite image in the regular image save location.

I'm running 4.4.4.

Margie Parikh

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

No, I had made sure that the bar showed 100% after clicking the PANO, and I still am unable to find at least three that I remember taking. They are not in DCIM, and they are not in the folder at the end of the path you suggested. What else can I do? Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non