Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Hissing, crackling during calls?

    Hi, I was wondering if anyone is dealing with occaisional popping, hiss, or crackling during calls on speaker or through earpiece? I was on Verizon g2 forum and seems to be a lot of users dealing with it. I thought I was crazy, but I haven't read of any sprint users, please leave input whether or not. Thank you.
  2. #2  
    Haalcyon's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    7,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,700 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    That really sounds like a network issue. Perhaps how the phone is attaching to the network. Maybe, just maybe a software fix from Verizon could resolve it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    That really sounds like a network issue. Perhaps how the phone is attaching to the network. Maybe, just maybe a software fix from Verizon could resolve it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    You misunderstood, in this forum for the Verizon g2 there is a thread with over 50 people having this issue with their phones. They have returned numerous phones, went through all the steps with Verizon and still having issue. I have the sprint version and am expieriencing same thing. I was wondering if any sprint g2 users have this issue. Was wondering if it could be a CDMA thing, nothing like this with art and tmo variants.
  5. #5  
    Haalcyon's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    7,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,700 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    Ah, I did misunderstand. Hopefully, in time, perhaps a fellow sprint owner will have some insight.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    since it doesn't release until the 8th on SPRINT, i doubt you will get too many responses.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    Hello Darryjr,

    Sorry you're having this issue. We do understand your concern and haalcyon did have the right idea in where the problem could lie. It could either be the speaker or a service issue. Regardless if anyone else has reported the issue, it is recommended to contact your carrier for troubleshooting as if it is either of the stated, they would be able to advise.

    We do have the device here on sight for each carrier and are not having the same issue.

    Hope this helps.
    ^CL
    VW Maverick likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by LGElectronics View Post
    Hello Darryjr,

    Sorry you're having this issue. We do understand your concern and haalcyon did have the right idea in where the problem could lie. It could either be the speaker or a service issue. Regardless if anyone else has reported the issue, it is recommended to contact your carrier for troubleshooting as if it is either of the stated, they would be able to advise.

    We do have the device here on sight for each carrier and are not having the same issue.

    Hope this helps.
    ^CL
    I have done numerous hard resets, all have same result. The phone will make a perfect call, I had 2 half hour cleat conversations , but as soon as the sprint installer starts to load and update, bam, problem is back. Every time I reset it happens. Because phone can't download when I am on a call, if I make a call right after phone comes back on, its clear, like a different phone. Once that installer is done, I make a call, and static. I wish I could stop it from starting but I can't. As far as you saying its not happening on any other devices, go on this forum for Verizon version and there are over 50 complaints. Sprint CSR are useless, I went to corporate store no less, my 4 year old has more knowledge than they do. Lg told me to send phone to them, unfortunately I can't be without a phone for two weeks or so, this is a business line and I sold my HTC one for this $500 paperweight. It has nothing to do with a speaker, it only happens during calls, not video or audio playback. Speakerphone or earpiece, same issue.
  9. #9  
    eptiger's Avatar

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    Have you gone into your sprint store? They can replace the phone for you on the spot - it's under warranty. If it's the network, hopefully they can debug that.

    Elton
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    Unfortunately I did not get phone from sprint, so I don't know if they will give me another
    Quote Originally Posted by darryjr View Post
    I have done numerous hard resets, all have same result. The phone will make a perfect call, I had 2 half hour cleat conversations , but as soon as the sprint installer starts to load and update, bam, problem is back. Every time I reset it happens. Because phone can't download when I am on a call, if I make a call right after phone comes back on, its clear, like a different phone. Once that installer is done, I make a call, and static. I wish I could stop it from starting but I can't. As far as you saying its not happening on any other devices, go on this forum for Verizon version and there are over 50 complaints. Sprint CSR are useless, I went to corporate store no less, my 4 year old has more knowledge than they do. Lg told me to send phone to them, unfortunately I can't be without a phone for two weeks or so, this is a business line and I sold my HTC one for this $500 paperweight. It has nothing to do with a speaker, it only happens during calls, not video or audio playback. Speakerphone or earpiece, same issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by eptiger View Post
    Have you gone into your sprint store? They can replace the phone for you on the spot - it's under warranty. If it's the network, hopefully they can debug that.

    Elton
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    I've made some calls with my sprint g2, and its crystal clear...
  12. #12  
    Sapient's Avatar

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    I get a fair amount of hissing from phone (heard on my end) during calls. I wonder if I have a bad phone.
  13. #13  
    jfenton's Avatar

    Posts
    497 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    Honestly, I find this to be the best audio quality during a call of any smart phone I have ever owned.
  14. #14  
    Sapient's Avatar

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    The thing is,it sounds more like a network problem than a phone problem. I only hear static when the person at the other end is speaking. But it is from everyone I talk to, whether they are on cell phones or on land lines. And other phones on our family plan don't have this issue.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    The thing is,it sounds more like a network problem than a phone problem. I only hear static when the person at the other end is speaking. But it is from everyone I talk to, whether they are on cell phones or on land lines. And other phones on our family plan don't have this issue.
    Exactly, what I also noticed is if I am roaming my calls are clear as day. Sprint said network issues, I have 2 g2s and only one has this issue. So for now, its tin cans and string.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    Getting a lot of crackling on my end during calls. Will try to exchange for a new one and hope it helps. I am coming from ATT, I hope it's not an indication of Sprint's network.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by akc9132 View Post
    Getting a lot of crackling on my end during calls. Will try to exchange for a new one and hope it helps. I am coming from ATT, I hope it's not an indication of Sprint's network.
    The same issue happened when the note 3 was released. I believe the nexus 5 is also having same issue. I think all 3 phones have the same processor, which possibly means something. They put out an update and note 3 problem was solved, so I would think its software related. I have posted on sprint site to let them know, I saw a few others as well with same complaints. If you go up further in this thread you see response from lg, saying their test phone isn't having this issue. Some people are fine, some replace phone and have same issue. I am hoping its resolved soon.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    Changed the phone last night. Seems a better, but not fully fixed. Will report after more testing.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    Just throwing my hat in the ring... I'm got crackling/popping sounds while speaking to my wife on her GN2. Hung up and called her right back and the clarity returned.

    The LG rep have any solid input?

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
  20. #20  
    mjnoles1's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    Please help as call sound quality in addition to call reception is very important to me. I use my phone to make a lot of calls.

    I just activated my Sprint G2 last night, made one phone call and I heard the horrible crackling, hissing sound. It just sounded so bad, I couldn't even pay attention to the call as I was distracted by the bad call quality.

    Is it even worth exchanging my phone through Best Buy for another one as I read on this thread that others exchanged their phone and it made no difference. Is this just a defective phone or is this the way it is with the Lg G2?

    Please help
  21. #21  
    Pun
    Pun is offline
    Pun's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    Got my G2 on the 8th, haven't made too many calls, but today was the 1st time I experienced this...so I guess I'll wait and see if it happens again
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pun View Post
    Got my G2 on the 8th, haven't made too many calls, but today was the 1st time I experienced this...so I guess I'll wait and see if it happens again
    I'm going on my 3rd, should have by midweek, will report than. Sprint nor lg is looking at this as a problem yet. Go through forums and there are a lot of same issues being reported on various sites. When will someone acknowledge that there is a issue?
  23. #23  
    mjnoles1's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    If your on your third already and there are numerous reports online that this is an issue. Then I am wondering is it even worth me exchanging mine?

    Everything is working perfectly with my phone besides the crackling earpiece issue. If exchanging for a new phone haven't made it better for others, what are the odds it will make it better for me? I am concerned I exchange mine for another one that not only has the crackling earpiece issue, but other issues on top of that.

    What to do?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by mjnoles1 View Post
    If your on your third already and there are numerous reports online that this is an issue. Then I am wondering is it even worth me exchanging mine?

    Everything is working perfectly with my phone besides the crackling earpiece issue. If exchanging for a new phone haven't made it better for others, what are the odds it will make it better for me? I am concerned I exchange mine for another one that not only has the crackling earpiece issue, but other issues on top of that.

    What to do?
    Problem is, I love the phone besides the crackling. Lol,I will return till I get a good one, apparently there is a lot of people on sprint that have working phones. If you are within the 14 days, you can keep exchanging, if you are not and have equipment protection, you can do the same. I'm going to try and stick it out, phone is great besides that.
  25. #25  
    mjnoles1's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hissing, crackling during calls?

    That is the problem I have, I LOVE this phone besides the earpiece crackling issue. I guess during my lunch break I will go back to Best Buy to exchange mine. I am still within my 14 days. I am hoping for the best, but, I am not expecting the exchange to solve the issue. Will see....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Google Nexus 5 - voicemail: reject call to voicemail?
    By nicknacknock in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-22-2013, 04:17 PM
  2. S cover to custimize? To make calls when its closed?
    By ozgurs in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 03:18 AM
  3. Phone stopped making calls until reboot
    By Rob.G in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 05:54 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 03:59 PM
  5. Screen Remains Active during calls
    By David Eagan in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 03:03 PM

Posting Permissions