Hissing, crackling during calls?

Pun

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Got my G2 on the 8th, haven't made too many calls, but today was the 1st time I experienced this...so I guess I'll wait and see if it happens again

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Got my G2 on the 8th, haven't made too many calls, but today was the 1st time I experienced this...so I guess I'll wait and see if it happens again

I'm going on my 3rd, should have by midweek, will report than. Sprint nor lg is looking at this as a problem yet. Go through forums and there are a lot of same issues being reported on various sites. When will someone acknowledge that there is a issue?

mjnoles1

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
If your on your third already and there are numerous reports online that this is an issue. Then I am wondering is it even worth me exchanging mine?

Everything is working perfectly with my phone besides the crackling earpiece issue. If exchanging for a new phone haven't made it better for others, what are the odds it will make it better for me? I am concerned I exchange mine for another one that not only has the crackling earpiece issue, but other issues on top of that.

What to do?

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
If your on your third already and there are numerous reports online that this is an issue. Then I am wondering is it even worth me exchanging mine?

Everything is working perfectly with my phone besides the crackling earpiece issue. If exchanging for a new phone haven't made it better for others, what are the odds it will make it better for me? I am concerned I exchange mine for another one that not only has the crackling earpiece issue, but other issues on top of that.

What to do?
Problem is, I love the phone besides the crackling. Lol,I will return till I get a good one, apparently there is a lot of people on sprint that have working phones. If you are within the 14 days, you can keep exchanging, if you are not and have equipment protection, you can do the same. I'm going to try and stick it out, phone is great besides that.

mjnoles1

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
That is the problem I have, I LOVE this phone besides the earpiece crackling issue. I guess during my lunch break I will go back to Best Buy to exchange mine. I am still within my 14 days. I am hoping for the best, but, I am not expecting the exchange to solve the issue. Will see....

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
That is the problem I have, I LOVE this phone besides the earpiece crackling issue. I guess during my lunch break I will go back to Best Buy to exchange mine. I am still within my 14 days. I am hoping for the best, but, I am not expecting the exchange to solve the issue. Will see....
Report back to let us know if exchange phone is any better

mjnoles1

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Report back to let us know if exchange phone is any better

Exchanged it last night. Turned it on this morning and it went through the steps to try to register the headset to connect to network. Received an error (Best Buy supposedly transfered my number to new headset, but I guess not). Called Srint and the lady had me press ##786# to reboot the phone and have the register the headset to connect to network prompt come up, which it did. Last phone the same thing happen, person on phone had to have me press ##786# to get the prompt to come back on to complete registration. What does this ##786# do? Would that hurt the transmission of the earpiece? As I heard rumors from Verizon board that its something to do with your account they believe.

Also, new headset, same issue. Popping, crackling during calls.

A few questions for you darryjr or anyone else.

Do you think the ##786# messed with anything on the headset that would harm the transmission in the earpiece? Did you do the ##786# with a Sprint customer service rep to set up your phone?

Also, you mentioned you were about to get your third device. Has that come in yet? If so, did it solve your problem?

Last edited:

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Exchanged it last night. Turned it on this morning and it went through the steps to try to register the headset to connect to network. Received an error (Best Buy supposedly transfered my number to new headset, but I guess not). Called Srint and the lady had me press ##786# to reboot the phone and have the register the headset to connect to network prompt come up, which it did. Last phone the same thing happen, person on phone had to have me press ##786# to get the prompt to come back on to complete registration. What does this ##786# do? Would that hurt the transmission of the earpiece? As I heard rumors from Verizon board that its something to do with your account they believe.

Also, new headset, same issue. Popping, crackling during calls.

A few questions for you darryjr or anyone else.

Do you think the ##786# messed with anything on the headset that would harm the transmission in the earpiece? Did you do the ##786# with a Sprint customer service rep to set up your phone?

Also, you mentioned you were about to get your third device. Has that come in yet? If so, did it solve your problem?

I have never used ##786#so I am no help there. My new device will be activated Thursday evening, i will report back on that one once activated. I don't think that could hurt earpiece. It seems like its luck of the draw with this device. Hopefully my 3rd is the charm. And to answer another question. Yes, I have used towers in a 200 mile radius. So I know I'm not connecting to same towers. Like I have repeatedly said, when roaming, calls are crystal clear. Sprint has eluded that question. I tell them story, but they never get around to answering why when I roam call quality is good. Oh well, I will report tomorrow if number 3 works.

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have never used ##786#so I am no help there. My new device will be activated Thursday evening, i will report back on that one once activated. I don't think that could hurt earpiece. It seems like its luck of the draw with this device. Hopefully my 3rd is the charm. And to answer another question. Yes, I have used towers in a 200 mile radius. So I know I'm not connecting to same towers. Like I have repeatedly said, when roaming, calls are crystal clear. Sprint has eluded that question. I tell them story, but they never get around to answering why when I roam call quality is good. Oh well, I will report tomorrow if number 3 works.

Well, 3rd phone, same issues, going back to get the HTC one that was phone prior to this, one. Good luck all with this issue. I am exhausted and done. Don't know what else to do.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Very, very strange.
I have not had any phone call noise problems at all.
Sorry you had the concerns.
Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

mjnoles1

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
It has to be a location situation. I am on my third G2 and I JUST made my first call with it and it was to my voicemail and same situation.

I know the Note3 had this situation as well and Sprint sent a software update which fixed this problem. I hope they do the same with the G2.

mjnoles1

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Could this possibly be a bad batch issue? I looked through the start to the end of the LG G2 Sprint and Verizon complain threads and the Note3 with the same issue complain thread and all of them started around the same time. Mine was purchased within the last two weeks. 1 from BestBuy warehouse, other two from local BestBuy store. All within same timeframe.

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Could this possibly be a bad batch issue? I looked through the start to the end of the LG G2 Sprint and Verizon complain threads and the Note3 with the same issue complain thread and all of them started around the same time. Mine was purchased within the last two weeks. 1 from BestBuy warehouse, other two from local BestBuy store. All within same timeframe.

I'm no expert, but I don't believe its a bad batch. Verizon and sprint users are suffering from this issue. Note 3 had same issue, than update, now fixed. I wish someone who really understands this could chime in. I have been through two on my third. You call sprint, no answers, go to corporate store, and manager tells me her phone does it as well. Who can answer why???? Hope it gets resolved, I was gonna exchange for fourth but decided against it. Was going to exchange and go back to HTC one, also decided not to. Phone is to nice to give up on. Issue is becoming more widespread, hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Mista_J

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Do any of you that have issues with your phone have Google Voice activated on your account?

Posted via Android Central App

djmarti182

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I have my second g2 and on both the call quality is horrible. Sounds like im talking on a phone from twenty years ago. I made a call on the display at the store and same issue. I was told by lg that they are not aware of this issue and sprint technical said same thing. I have made calls from different towers indoor and out and still same issue. My girlfriend got the same phone two days later and hers does it. Also i get no lte signal even though on the coverage map Im in the best area.

booboo357

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I been having the same problem. It's not all the time.
It will even happen when I am at home and connected to the airave.
When it does this I notice I either have a weak signal or the signal bar is jumping up and down. Even when connected to the airave the signal jumps all over the place at times.
When the signal bar stays steady the call is clear.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174