Hissing, crackling during calls?

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
It has to be a location situation. I am on my third G2 and I JUST made my first call with it and it was to my voicemail and same situation.

I know the Note3 had this situation as well and Sprint sent a software update which fixed this problem. I hope they do the same with the G2.

I just called sprint for the thousandth time. They did a little digging, had me enter a code, which I didn't write down, go into phone, and disable something. It actually worked. They said this woHey kiddo, by any chance, can u cover me tonight if something comes in? I feel like crap. If not, I'll ask Kole .

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The code works. There is a software update in the works but it may not drop until January to fix this. They are trying to put a rush on it and maybe get it out ahead of schedule in December.

Lucki

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Just got the phone today first one had the problem.. so does the 2nd one :(. I really like the phone but the sound ugh hurts my ears! Want to keep the phone but ... smh shouldn't have to deal with this on any device these days!

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Just got the phone today first one had the problem.. so does the 2nd one :(. I really like the phone but the sound ugh hurts my ears! Want to keep the phone but ... smh shouldn't have to deal with this on any device these days!

Go to xda developers website , in the g2 forum, they have the steps to follow to fix problem. I believe its something like Fix for sprint users. I was on my 3rd with same issues. Followed their steps, 2 minutes, now its like a new phone.

Shoqvalue

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
LGElectronics Writes:
<<We do have the device here on sight for each carrier and are not having the same issue. >>

Respectually, I have never heard a company say anything but that.
My LG G2 crackles horribly on headsets by 3 different makers, including LG and Plantronics. I actually had Sprint get me a new phone, but the problem was the same, so I didn't make the switch. Now I am wondering if maybe I just got two lemons, but I want to confirm before I got off about this like a bomb on Twitter.

So , do any other Sprint users experience this maddening level of crackle on calls using Bluetooth? (Music is fine). If so, pleas tell me how bad, whiich headset(s), and which version of Android you are using (I just upgraded to 4.4.2 and it made no difference whatever. Also, where does this happen? In my case, it happens MOST locations, with two exceptions. My Sprint store (it sounds great there, of course), and random locations around town (but not my home, unfortunately)

Help me out here, and I will really get on both Spring and LG about this. I am tired of paying all this money and having to live with total suck, while Samsung users never have a complaint. I want to phone I paid for.

ellenincolorado

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I got my LG Flex a month ago and I hear hissing and crackling when I'm on calls and people on the other end can't hear me. I'll move the phone, literally 2 feet, and they can hear me again. I have Boldbeast call recorder loaded, and when I play the conversations back I can hear when I drop out of the convo. It's like I'm talking but it's so faint it's barely audible. Then it's back to normal.

This is pi**ing me off, no end. I got my phone through Best Buy but I'm with Sprint.

I got the LG because my previous phone, the Samsung Note 3 had such poor volume. I would put it all the way up AND hit the "volume booster" which did nothing.

The LG has great volume and is a fantastic phone in every way except the hissing/crackling and my voice dropping out in calls.

I don't trust Sprint because they're mostly idiots and I'm not in the mood to have to reload another blank phone with all my apps, so I'm hoping I read something here that helps soon.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz