Few Issues With vhgomez36-ICS-NXS-4G-4.0.4 r3

cardude10

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I have been usiing vhgomez36-ICS-NXS-4G-4.0.4 r3 for 2 days and noticed these issues :-

a) There are some green screens which show much in the ROM , noticed them on the home screen or while texting.

b) Browsing on the webpages in 3G or 4G I get a white screen and it takes a while for the web page to load up.

b) I cann't seem to get more than 3 or 4 hours of battery life even after calibrating the battery.

Anyone noticed the issues I mentioned above and is aware of any solution ..

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
only ran his ROM for a few hours. My phone ran pretty poorly with it but that was when it first came out. Many people seem to love it. If you're having issues try a different rom.

Just flash it !!!

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Btw... The green flash when turning on our off the screen is not an issue and can be lessened by making a few adjustments with voodoo.

Just flash it !!!

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Btw... The green flash when turning on our off the screen is not an issue and can be lessened by making a few adjustments with voodoo.
!

It is not a momentary green flash on this particular ROM. There are multiple screens where there is a persistent green tinge.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
What kind of settings I need to make it Vodoo. There aren't that many ROMS yet with ICS 4.0.4 ..

These are my settings:
color profiles - voodoo profile v1 <2.3.3
screen multipliers: red=180*****, green = 230*****, blue = 230****
screen v1 gamma: punchy settings (-26, -30, 33)

Very deep and rich colors.

I get a very momentary (VERY momentary) faint green flash when putting the phone to sleep, but that's it. Rarely when turning it back on. Personally, I prefer the deep rich colors and don't care about the momentary green flash.

You could also try the alternate colors for the screen v1 gamma.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
It is not a momentary green flash on this particular ROM. There are multiple screens where there is a persistent green tinge.

I got this as well with vhgomez recent release. I also had a lot of other issues with it. Pitched the ROM. Didn't work well on my phone.

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
The latest update (LOTA from 2/5) works much better for me. No more green screens, and everything works fine. Response seems to be snappier than the 4.0.3 ROM's out there.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I got 5 hrs out of the battery today
This rom is OK don't know if this can be a daily driver .

5 hours. Holy freakin cow how many hours were with the screen on? That's just awful!!! Even at my worst I got better than that. What is your kernel and setup?

Just flash it !!!

vhgomez36

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
5 hours. Holy freakin cow how many hours were with the screen on? That's just awful!!! Even at my worst I got better than that. What is your kernel and setup?

Just flash it !!!

Nice to see you're a part of android central Skunkape60. Sorry to hear I can't satisfy you with my efforts.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Nice to see you're a part of android central Skunkape60. Sorry to hear I can't satisfy you with my efforts.

Lol... My phone ran pretty bad on your rom when it first came out. But in the early days of ICS my phone ran pretty bad on all ics roms. So that really has nothing to do with your ROM and more to do with my phone. I have found a few favorites that my phone ran well on and have pretty much stuck to them.

But after all. I was asking what his settings were. Because 5 hours is not normal. At least not for me and I'm sure not you either.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Don't think it's an issue of satisfying users....but then again, you did say that using your ROM will bring nothing but pure joy and happiness to the user.

Even you would have to admit that 5 hours of battery time (assuming "usual" use) is pretty bad.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't think it's an issue of satisfying users....but then again, you did say that using your ROM will bring nothing but pure joy and happiness to the user.

Even you would have to admit that 5 hours of battery time (assuming "usual" use) is pretty bad.

I'm really not here to stir the pot. I've been on Android central for a fairly long time. Much longer than I've been on xda. I just read the post and had to ask him about his setting, as I was thinking that would more likely be the issue than the rom. I also asked him what kernel he was using as (from my limited experience) the kernel has more to do with battery life than the ROM. I never suggested that the issue was your rom as I would have a hard time believing that such a mature ROM as yours would have caused such a battery drain. Your rom has a lot of users that swear by it. That kind of loyalty is a great sign that you are going something right.

Like I said, I was just trying to get to the bottom of his issue and was in no way trying to blame your rom.

I don't normally troll threads that don't pertain to what I'm using but activity here at AC is getting kind of slow. If you would prefer that I stay out of your thread I will do so. I just thought I might be able contribute some suggestions that might help him.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
And yeah...5 hours is pretty bad. I get 5 hours of screen on time and still get 22-24 hours of battery life. And yes, I had to learn my phone and what settings it liked before I got these results. I wasn't getting as bad as the OP but pretty close. Once I learned how to properly setup MY PHONE My battery life has been great. Several people at xda have used my setting with great success. But I have nothing to offer... :rolleyes:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

One more thing while I'm on a roll. You have a guy here having trouble with YOUR rom. You make no attempt to offer him any advice or assistance with his issue. Instead you go out of your way to make a snide remark to me, who is trying to help someone with your rom. Really?

cardude10

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I am using the stock kernel and screen is set on automatic brightness
After 10 minutes .Don't see how the developer of this ROM
got upset if someone else tried to help .
Don't see the point of someone developing a ROM and not ready
to accept feedback on it .If user feedback is not required then why
Develop.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I am using the stock kernel and screen is set on automatic brightness
After 10 minutes .Don't see how the developer of this ROM
got upset if someone else tried to help .
Don't see the point of someone developing a ROM and not ready
to accept feedback on it .If user feedback is not required then why
Develop.

I went to his thread on xda forums and he asked people not to report issues good or bad in other forums. He does have a point as it is a difficult task keeping up with multiple forums. Have you addressed your concerns in his thread on xda?

I would say most of the battery issues are caused by the kernel and settings rather than the ROM.

I would 1st change your screen time out to something lower than 10 min. I keep mine at 2. Also do you have Facebook, Google + set to synch? Those are all battery killers. The only items i have set to synch are gmail, calendar and contacts. If you have titanium backup pro, I would suggest you freeze some of the apps our services that you find constantly running in the background and see if that helps.

You can easily unfreeze apps when you do want to use them.

Another suggestion is to flash another kernel. I and many others have found the matr1x kernels very good on both performance and battery life. Some phones are very particular about which kernel is loaded. While some phones work well with one kernel others may not. It kind of depends on your phone. Once you find a kernel that runs well on your phone, it will likely run well no matter what ROM you are running.

Last edited:

vhgomez36

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
WOW.... we are a bit jumpy here at android central!!!

Carguy10 and anyone else that needs my help it doesn't matter if your using my Rom (community Rom) you are welcome to come to XDA. I will gladly help you.

Skunkape, no worries man. I know all you try to do is help and thing can get blown out of porprotion.

Thanks again guys.