Any issues with hulu and google voice?

ReDDrDz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
after getting the update...decided to root...prior to this root, I had full access to my gv..I was able to choose what number I wanted to dial out on..full control over sending text from my gv or sprint number...now that option is gone....anyway to get this back? Seems my only options are to use only one of the two numbers...I've set voice but this is causing issues when I text....showing server number rather than my voice number...and I cannot download hulu...its in the market but no download link....I'm still running the stock rom...

ReDDrDz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
after getting the update...decided to root...prior to this root, I had full access to my gv..I was able to choose what number I wanted to dial out on..full control over sending text from my gv or sprint number...now that option is gone....anyway to get this back? Seems my only options are to use only one of the two numbers...I've set voice but this is causing issues when I text....showing server number rather than my voice number...and I cannot download hulu...its in the market but no download link....I'm still running the stock rom...
Okay at home and was able to actually find some info on why I cannot re-download hulu plus on my device....seems they don't like the rooted devices to view the service or whatever....I as everyone else who has paid for the sub are just s.o.l....Nice of them to take my money but never disclaim that a rooted device cannot access the service....

The google voice issue I am guessing is just what it is...I no longer have the option to choose to dial with my google number or with my sprint number....I am being forced to choose one number...If I choose the sprint number then I loose my google number in about 30 days...If i choose the google number, it hijacks my sms capabilities....I am not pleased with the google/sprint integration...I want to be able to choose which number I want to use...

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the GV option.

When you're in the message...the area where you specify the recipient and then type the message....hit menu button then Text......the options of Google Voice, Messaging, or Skype comes up from me.

ReDDrDz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the GV option.

When you're in the message...the area where you specify the recipient and then type the message....hit menu button then Text......the options of Google Voice, Messaging, or Skype comes up from me.

I have got the text issue worked out...its just on the voice calls I have the problem now...I had to enable gv integration after I rooted...so I lost the option to choose what number to dial out on...It appears now when I call it calls out and displays my gv number...however, whenever anyone returns the call, it goes straight to my voice mail...I am unable to answer the call because I am never notified I have the call until its missed...

however...I did find a fix for my Hulu and it is up and running and I am loads happy about this! Went on ahead and flashed cyanogenmod 7 nightly also...I am beyond happy with the performance now....My wifi is now pulling almost 8 down and 6 up....I like how the signal strength drops on the indicators when I am not using the device, but as soon as I access it just roars to power...I knew this phone had potential...signal issues....gone....fell asleep at 1 last night...battery indicator was full...when I got up at 10 this morning with no charge at all...phone still had full battery indicator...this is the first thing I noticed last night after the mod early this morning..

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I have got the text issue worked out...its just on the voice calls I have the problem now...I had to enable gv integration after I rooted...so I lost the option to choose what number to dial out on...It appears now when I call it calls out and displays my gv number...however, whenever anyone returns the call, it goes straight to my voice mail...I am unable to answer the call because I am never notified I have the call until its missed...
i think you have Do Not Disturbed clicked somewhere. either on the phone app settings or online.

ReDDrDz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the GV option.

do you get the choice to dial on your google number or your regular number? or does your dialer just allow you to dial out without asking you what number you want to use?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
do you get the choice to dial on your google number or your regular number? or does your dialer just allow you to dial out without asking you what number you want to use?
I have it set to ask me if I want to use my Google Voice number or my regular Sprint number every time.

So I'll click John.....mobile......popup pops up and I select GV or not GV......call dials.

ReDDrDz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have it set to ask me if I want to use my Google Voice number or my regular Sprint number every time.

So I'll click John.....mobile......popup pops up and I select GV or not GV......call dials.

Yea that's the option that I need and that is gone...I have checked on both the phone and on the web to ensure that do not disturb is not on....I have no clue...I am really not interested spending all day to resolve this, but that's what its shaping up to lol

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Wait, I just reread your most recent post......when you said you had to do integration......are you using your Sprint number as your Google Voice number? Cause that will make the option go away.

Your call forwarding settings under the Phones tab could be set incorrectly as well.

ReDDrDz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Wait, I just reread your most recent post......when you said you had to do integration......are you using your Sprint number as your Google Voice number? Cause that will make the option go away.

Your call forwarding settings under the Phones tab could be set incorrectly as well.

yup thats what happened...I got lucky when I switched phones from the epic to the nexus...took a day or two to find how to get that option back...but now...it seems its gone for good...you think its lost? because even if it is...i did choose my gv over my sprint...but still whenever anyone calls the gv...straight to vm...its messed up other option is to choose the sprint and let my gv go...Ive had that number for 3 yrs....

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
you should be able to have your Google Voice number and your Sprint number on the phone at the same time.

ReDDrDz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
you should be able to have your Google Voice number and your Sprint number on the phone at the same time.

yea thats what I thought and this is what I want...but if you read the sprint/gv terms...it says its one or the other lol...

so something had to change...of course since I had it how I wanted it, whatever new changes they made, I did not care...but now, its a big inconvience...

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
yea thats what I thought and this is what I want...but if you read the sprint/gv terms...it says its one or the other lol...

so something had to change...of course since I had it how I wanted it, whatever new changes they made, I did not care...but now, its a big inconvience...
Man this is really one of those times where I wish I could have your phone and computer right in front of me. I'll try and explain how I have mine set up.

My Sprint number is my Sprint number. It's not FULLY integrated with Google Voice.

Currently I can make and receive calls to my 312-SPRINT number that I've had for years through Sprint. I can get texts and pictures through the stock messaging app on my phone.

I also can make and receive calls to my 312-GOOGLE number. I can get texts through the Voice app on my phone as well as through my computer.

Voicemail for both numbers is handled through the Google Voice app. So even if someone calls my 312-SPRINT number, the voicemail will still go to my Google Voice account which I can then check through the Voice app on my phone and also on the website.

I actually have three Google Voice numbers that I can switch back and forth between but that's a whole nother can of worms.

I think the word "integration" really confuses the whole process because you can be "integrated" with Google Voice without paying for anything or making any changes to your account.

ReDDrDz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Man this is really one of those times where I wish I could have your phone and computer right in front of me. I'll try and explain how I have mine set up.

My Sprint number is my Sprint number. It's not FULLY integrated with Google Voice.

Currently I can make and receive calls to my 312-SPRINT number that I've had for years through Sprint. I can get texts and pictures through the stock messaging app on my phone.

I also can make and receive calls to my 312-GOOGLE number. I can get texts through the Voice app on my phone as well as through my computer.

Voicemail for both numbers is handled through the Google Voice app. So even if someone calls my 312-SPRINT number, the voicemail will still go to my Google Voice account which I can then check through the Voice app on my phone and also on the website.

I actually have three Google Voice numbers that I can switch back and forth between but that's a whole nother can of worms.

I think the word "integration" really confuses the whole process because you can be "integrated" with Google Voice without paying for anything or making any changes to your account.

lol I wish you had my phone in front of you also....I am pretty damn sure I have everything setup correctly...its just when I try to go into settings in gv...it gives me no option to choose to dial with google voice or with regular number....that option is also not in the regular phone settings...I am going to go ahead and disable gv from my sprint and remove the app and see if I can re-load and get my option back to choose google voice to dial out....all my calls coming in on gv continue to go to vm....frustrated!!!!

ReDDrDz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
dude I got it...I had to disable gv....and then it sent me a code that I had to text...I text that code and now in the menu on gv its giving me the option to choose....Damn what a save of the day! thanks for guiding me through this...I just needed re-assurance that I could still do this!

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
dude I got it...I had to disable gv....and then it sent me a code that I had to text...I text that code and now in the menu on gv its giving me the option to choose....Damn what a save of the day! thanks for guiding me through this...I just needed re-assurance that I could still do this!
ha i didnt do anything but i knew something had to be off. they really need to reword the integration, like i said. youre not the first to go around in circles with it.

glad its working out though.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed better app performance with 2.3.5? Like less lag when opening; and, an issue I use to have: where I would click it and the screen except notification bar would be unresponsive till I clicked back?

I still don't know if I want to go back. Haven't had a problem since I turned it off, lol. I'm afraid to enable it again. Seemed like I was having a problem with it every week of some sort. But if the app itself is more responsive....

Anyone notice if sending a text in low signal areas still locks up?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95