The Official "I Got My Nexus S" Thread

stlsports

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
picked mine up this afternoon! awesome phone. forgot what switching apps/screens was like without lag. the horrors of a pre- running 1ghz.

zpithika

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It should be powerful enough to last you for two years if you wait that long. I'm not sure why everything thinks these phones are not powerful enough. What are you people doing with these phones? Go for the nexus s. If you don't like you can always return.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Haha yea def because of my Pre I've been looking for the most future proof phone. But yea I def think I'm gonna go with the nexus s4g. Been looking at it in sprint.com all day. Haha. Can't wait for my contract to be done so I can finally buy this thing.

mdmogren

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Got mine this afternoon.

Impressed with the speed and the screen looks great.

Surprising misses I wasn't expecting:
No IMAP Push, can only check every x minutes
No facebook contact sync

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to root and tweak this things to death but I probably will end up having to after all...

darealm

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of which its free app of the day today on amazon

Amazon.com: Wave Launcher: Appstore for Android

Warning...this will mess up ur ability to hit any button at the bottom of the screen at or near the gesture area. I uninstalled after getting frustrated with that glitch. U could probably work around this by changing the gesture settings within the app...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Warning...this will mess up ur ability to hit any button at the bottom of the screen at or near the gesture area. I uninstalled after getting frustrated with that glitch. U could probably work around this by changing the gesture settings within the app...

Yeah all you have to do is go into the settings and change it to start the gesture from right to left instead of bottom to top

dbtabasco

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Good bye pre you were great for the first year and quickly fell apart

Hello nexus s 4g, your gonna take some getting use to, however I think I just might love you.

tsrich

May 6, 2011
Visit site
It's so nice being able to see my screen in the sunlight. Hated that about my evo. This phone rocks.

Are you able to see the screen well in the sunlight?

I took a look at the demo nexus in the store and was less impressed with the screen than I expected. My wife's Evo was much brighter than the Nexus. I was quite surprised.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Are you able to see the screen well in the sunlight?

I took a look at the demo nexus in the store and was less impressed with the screen than I expected. My wife's Evo was much brighter than the Nexus. I was quite surprised.

Thats because the auto brightness was on. With it off, the Nexus is plenty bright. The screen is a million times better than my Evo's ever was.

fixxxer1022

Banned
Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
still didn't get mine today. we called best buy and it's suppose to be shipped today overnighted. i should get it in the next few days, if not there will be heck to pay. i guess it's cool since there is no shipping on sundays.

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm new here and just picked up my new Nexus S from Sprint! I'm switching from a Blackberry Curve and I'm ashamed it took me this long to switch to an Android phone :p

Anyone know of any good screen protectors and cases for this phone? I like the Otterboxes but noticed that they don't have one for the Nexus S so any suggestions would be helpful.