Hey all,
    Anyone know if there is anyway to change out either the phone shortcut or browser shortcut on the dock? I like the look of having 2 shortcuts and the app drawer, but would get a lot more use out of a messaging shortcut than the browser. Any thoughts or way to update this?
    05-17-2011 01:51 PM
    what you need is a new launcher app...i personally love launcher pro. it will let you customize most of the UI including the dock. you can add up to 5 icons on the dock and switch them as you please
    05-17-2011 02:09 PM
    Had that on my Evo, loved it. Might have to try that. I had Pro on the Evo, any chance I can use still use in on the Nexus?
    05-17-2011 02:12 PM
    i can't get launcher pro installed - says it's not an executable file - i downloaded via appbrain.
    05-17-2011 04:17 PM
    05-17-2011 04:27 PM
    i can't get launcher pro installed - says it's not an executable file - i downloaded via appbrain.
    I had the same confusion. You will need to download an app like "HomeSmack" to switch the default launcher from stock to Launcher Pro.
    05-18-2011 10:28 AM
    usually when u install new launcher first time you press home button you should get a popup where u can choose which launcher to use and if u want to make it default
    05-18-2011 11:10 AM
    usually when u install new launcher first time you press home button you should get a popup where u can choose which launcher to use and if u want to make it default
    I'm not sure if that would happen on Nexus S, since there isn't a "launcher", so to speak, like HTC Sense or Samsung TouchWiz (or whatever that's called).
    05-18-2011 12:50 PM
    I'm not sure if that would happen on Nexus S, since there isn't a "launcher", so to speak, like HTC Sense or Samsung TouchWiz (or whatever that's called).
    Yep, that's the way it works on mine. And you can go into the App Settings to clear any default application that you set if you want to change it.
    05-18-2011 01:12 PM
    I had the same confusion. You will need to download an app like "HomeSmack" to switch the default launcher from stock to Launcher Pro.
    so do i need to download homesmack first - then i will be able to install launcher pro?
    05-18-2011 04:42 PM
    I had Launcher Pro on my Optimus, and when I downloaded it to my Nexus it worked with no problem. No need to download "homesmack."
    05-18-2011 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD