Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    IXDoubleDXI's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Updating Dock w/new apps?

    Hey all,
    Anyone know if there is anyway to change out either the phone shortcut or browser shortcut on the dock? I like the look of having 2 shortcuts and the app drawer, but would get a lot more use out of a messaging shortcut than the browser. Any thoughts or way to update this?
  2. #2  
    hiphop112's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what you need is a new launcher app...i personally love launcher pro. it will let you customize most of the UI including the dock. you can add up to 5 icons on the dock and switch them as you please
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    IXDoubleDXI's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Had that on my Evo, loved it. Might have to try that. I had Pro on the Evo, any chance I can use still use in on the Nexus?
  4. #4  
    eddieras's Avatar

    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    840 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i can't get launcher pro installed - says it's not an executable file - i downloaded via appbrain.
  5. #5  
    jimmycinla's Avatar

    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
  6. #6  
    jayuf's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    i can't get launcher pro installed - says it's not an executable file - i downloaded via appbrain.
    I had the same confusion. You will need to download an app like "HomeSmack" to switch the default launcher from stock to Launcher Pro.
  7. #7  
    kalex's Avatar

    Posts
    448 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    Original 2.3.4

    Default

    usually when u install new launcher first time you press home button you should get a popup where u can choose which launcher to use and if u want to make it default
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    IXDoubleDXI's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalex1114 View Post
    usually when u install new launcher first time you press home button you should get a popup where u can choose which launcher to use and if u want to make it default
    I'm not sure if that would happen on Nexus S, since there isn't a "launcher", so to speak, like HTC Sense or Samsung TouchWiz (or whatever that's called).
  9. #9  
    clindner's Avatar

    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    349 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IXDoubleDXI View Post
    I'm not sure if that would happen on Nexus S, since there isn't a "launcher", so to speak, like HTC Sense or Samsung TouchWiz (or whatever that's called).
    Yep, that's the way it works on mine. And you can go into the App Settings to clear any default application that you set if you want to change it.
  10. #10  
    eddieras's Avatar

    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    840 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayuf View Post
    I had the same confusion. You will need to download an app like "HomeSmack" to switch the default launcher from stock to Launcher Pro.
    so do i need to download homesmack first - then i will be able to install launcher pro?
  11. #11  
    skidmark's Avatar

    Posts
    329 Posts
    Global Posts
    555 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I had Launcher Pro on my Optimus, and when I downloaded it to my Nexus it worked with no problem. No need to download "homesmack."

Posting Permissions

";