I am so confuzzled, sorry about this question...

Mayfly

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
So I have read all the threads on putting a custom ROM on the Captivate, which I recently bought, but no luck. I've put the .zip file on my SD card, booted into recovery and all of that and it still doesn't work. Would anybody know what I'm doing wrong? My phone IS rooted.

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So I have read all the threads on putting a custom ROM on the Captivate, which I recently bought, but no luck. I've put the .zip file on my SD card, booted into recovery and all of that and it still doesn't work. Would anybody know what I'm doing wrong? My phone IS rooted.

did you install CWM?

Mayfly

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
It says I do, but I'm not sure. When I go into ROM manager, it says 'Flash ClockworkMod Recovery' and I've already done that by clicking it. I have CWM 2.5.1.2.

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11466747/update(cwm+root).zip

First back up everything on your phone to your computer that's important to you as you will lose it. Then do a Master Clear/Factory Data Reset.

After backup and master clear is done you could download the file from the link I've included, along with the custom ROM of your choice, and you MUST rename it to say "update" (update.zip). Then reboot your phone into recovery, select "install package" (you'll probably have to do that step twice in a row before it works). Once you get the green Clockwork Recovery screen select "install zip from sdcard" then select "choose zip from sdcard" and select the ROM you loaded with the update.zip.