Battery draining excessively overnight

MoresoTorso

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Afternoon, all --

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate phone, which I've had battery trouble with previously -- the entire unit had to get replaced when I couldn't charge it -- and am now having all-new problems with:

Over the last two nights, the battery has drained severely, despite not being on wifi and with both Juice Defender and Watchdog Task Manager running (but the latter not sending any warnings), and after a sweeping task manager shut down all the apps I didn't want running in the background (for however long that kept them off, at least).

When I say "severely", I mean that two nights ago the battery lost 66% of its power over 7 hours. Again: this is while I slept. It wasn't on, I wasn't using it, and Juice Defender is set to only connect it to wireless signals every 15 or 30 minutes. Last night's battery power drop wasn't as much, but was still far more than I've ever experienced before. (As some indicator, there are times I've only dropped between 4% and 8% over 6 or 7 hours while I slept...)

For a bit of background, I haven't installed or started using any different apps in the last couple of days. I have no clue why this is happening, but that kind of drop is both confusing and a potential problem (we use my phone for an alarm in the morning).

Any idea why this may have started happening, and what can be done about it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi, MoresoTorso,

First off, welcome to Android Central! Hope you enjoy it here.

I'm going to move your thread to the Captivate section, someone there should be able to help you out!

Thanks.

unglued94ta

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Stock ROM? Custom ROM? Have you tried doing a factory wipe either I'm settings or in recovery?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89