Note 2 screen rotation

coxley24

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I've tried the keyboard and time out trick and mine still has this issue from time to time. Irratating but nothing earthshattering. Hopefully they'll get a fix soon.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
From my experiences it seems to pop up from time to time when I've used an app that forces rotation, i.e. a game that's only landscape. I either reopen that app from my recent apps or close it and rotation is responsive again

Sent from my Note 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
is touchwiz what our phones automatically come with?

I remember downloading Go Launcher Ex (because I was looking at go launcher themes).. and when I touched my home button it asked me if I wanted to go to Go Launcher Ex or Touch Wiz.. so not sure if I accidentally downloaded something extra or touchwiz was what my phone came with :D

Touchwiz is the stock user interface that samsung uses. It is the part of the OS that we interact with. Its the thing that is responsible the spen use among other things.

When you pull your pen out does page buddy come up? I use a launcher and when I pull mine out nothing happens. I can still use it but only in specific apps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

rsfinsrq

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Check out S Pen Helper in Google Play. It allows you to select apps to open automatically when the S Pen is removed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

nawaz nadir

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
From my experiences it seems to pop up from time to time when I've used an app that forces rotation, i.e. a game that's only landscape. I either reopen that app from my recent apps or close it and rotation is responsive again

Sent from my Note 2

Guys, i think i found the solution..
1)Hold the "home" button, it ll pop recent apps..
2)Close those apps which workz only either in portrait mode or landscape mode..
3)Tada... ur note 2 works fine now.. chk n reply

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
The rotation on my Note 2 has been my biggest issue since getting it last year. If they haven't fixed it yet, they won't. I'm hoping 4.3 will fix it. Until then let the frustration continue :(

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for rotation issue to get fixed, too, but I'm not banking on it. Also the issue with the keyboard going back to the default after a restart. Just those two things, and I'd be without complaint.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Any other tips. I ve tried every one here and still no dice. I didn't by my phone frome t mobile so can't take it back.

The best tip I have is to turn on Auto Brightness. Yes I mean Brightness of the screen on Auto. It is strange but it works.... just click that Auto box and leave it checked. Ever since I have Auto brightness on, I have yet to see the auto rotate gets stuck bug. Somehow it is related and I don't know how.

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
The best tip I have is to turn on Auto Brightness. Yes I mean Brightness of the screen on Auto. It is strange but it works.... just click that Auto box and leave it checked. Ever since I have Auto brightness on, I have yet to see the auto rotate gets stuck bug. Somehow it is related and I don't know how.
I've never used that feature and get the problem all the time.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've never used that feature and get the problem all the time.

You have never unchecked Auto Brightness or you have never used Auto Brightness? I don't like Auto Brightness because it is too sensitive and keep changing the brightness on me if I just move the phone slightly. But now I am forced to use it because it does fix my auto rotate stuck bug.

coxley24

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

I tried this trick and it does work. I just go to settings and check the auto-brightness box and then go back to the home screen. The homescreen then flips back vertical and I then just uncheck the auto-brightness box as before and it's good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chibisaurus