Will an unlocked Note 2 from Korea work in USA?

ipaulr

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
They are selling 32 and sometimes 64 gigabyte note 2s. They seem to have the right specs, but AT&T warned me that I might have internet problems with it. They said voice would work fine but I could have internet problems and that AT&T would not support an unlocked phone.

Do any of you have experience with this? Is it problematic?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
If it is the unlocked N7100 it will work fine on 3G HSPA+. You won't get LTE though. Many here are using one.

Think about using Straight Talk on AT&Ts network and saving some money too.

ipaulr

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I do want the Internet. Here's what they advertise:

Network:LTE,WCDMA,GSM,HSDPA,HSUPA,Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n,DLNA,Wi-Fi hotspot Buletooth 3.0+HS

So it does say LTE.

mrclowny

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's a question of whether the phone has LTE capabilities.. but rather if that LTE radio is compatible with the ones in the U.S.....

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I do want the Internet. Here's what they advertise:

Network:LTE,WCDMA,GSM,HSDPA,HSUPA,Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n,DLNA,Wi-Fi hotspot Buletooth 3.0+HS

So it does say LTE.

But do keep in mind there are many different frequencies and bands of LTE used all around the world. I can understand how it would confuse 99% of all customers out there.
For instance, Verizon and ATT use 700 mhz and Sprint and T-Mobile use higher frequencies. Even though Verizon and ATT use 700 mhz, their networks are totally incompatible because of
different bands.

It would be safe to assume that Korean model won't work on any LTE networks in the U.S. If it does, that would be a nice surprise and I'd be very interested in hearing which ones. :D

ipaulr

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
You're right about this. The cellar finally got back to me. They said it will not work with the AT&T 4 LTTE network in the USA. It will work with 3g but not 4 LTTE.